I was pleased to see Hayes Hickman's article on Minvilla on the front page of the KNS this morning: (link...)
"Housing First" was to be the key strategy of the TYP but the astronomical price of Minvilla is more representative of "Housing Last". The unanswered question is:
"Why are the much more economical and readily available options which would help more people quicker not being pursued prior to Minvilla?"
Why in the world do we want to help fewer people and take longer to do so? This project has become financially irresponsible and morally reprehensible.
- Dover to develop South High (8 replies)
- AMI ammo factory deal could involve $20 million in state incentives (28 replies)
- Businessman wants to add waterfall to South Knoxville waterfront (22 replies)
- KNS not to endorse in Presidential race (8 replies)
- Debates 3, Climate Change 0 (3 replies)
- Debate takeaway headlines (11 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- New plans for old church in South Knoxville (11 replies)
- Meeting on changes to SW Form-based Code Thursday 10/20 (1 reply)
- News Sentinel new layout (7 replies)
- Fmr. SC Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer, don't interrupt me darlin (1 reply)
- Noon thread - what a beautiful day! (1 reply)