Nice values displayed at the Values Voter Summit. Be sure to go to the link for the lovely picture.
Activists at a conservative political forum snapped up boxes of waffle mix depicting Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama as a racial stereotype on its front and wearing Arab-like headdress on its top flap.
On the back of the box, Obama is depicted in stereotypical Mexican dress, including a sombrero, above a recipe for "Open Border Fiesta Waffles" that says it can serve "4 or more illegal aliens." The recipe includes a tip: "While waiting for these zesty treats to invade your home, why not learn a foreign language?"
Asked if he considered the pictures of Obama on the box to be racial stereotypes, Whitlock said: "We had some people mention that to us, but you think of Newman's Own or Emeril's — there are tons and tons of personality-branded food products on the market. So we've taken that model and, using political satire, have highlighted his policies, his position changes."
I'm sure Glenn Reynolds and other conservative bloggers will immediately condemn this.
(cross posted on KnoxBlab)
- Kim Severance stepping down from school board, won't seek reelection (2 replies)
- Tyson Park, not a family destination (23 replies)
- Superintendent's holiday message to teachers (38 replies)
- New York bans styrofoam (23 replies)
- Holiday cooking/baking tip (3 replies)
- The Paint Drying Channel (18 replies)
- Mark Harmon's "Knox Beat" old time radio show (10 replies)
- Zeitgeist Studies (1 reply)
- In Memoriam (5 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (5 replies)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (13 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (3 replies)