National Park(ing) Day is an opportunity to celebrate parks in cities and promote the need for more parks by creating temporary public parks in public parking spaces. National Park(ing) Day is Friday, September 19, 2008.
San Francisco art collective REBAR first created "PARK(ing)" in 2005 to re-imagine the potential of the metered parking space. In 2006, in collaboration with TPL [The Trust for Public Land], REBAR founded "PARK(ing) Day": a global exploration of the creative potential of streets.
Liberals! Progressives! This must be addressed to you. Who else, since it started in San Francisco and they are promoting "public" parks.
Sounds like fun.
- WBIR Inside Tennessee - Democratic candidate Gloria Johnson (1 reply)
- Bald Eagle on French Broad (1 reply)
- South High redux as Assisted Living Center (1 reply)
- Bill seeking to stop scalpers from grabbing online tickets has cleared the House (2 replies)
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (69 replies)
- Businessman wants to add waterfall to South Knoxville waterfront (23 replies)
- Dover to develop South High (8 replies)
- AMI ammo factory deal could involve $20 million in state incentives (28 replies)
- KNS not to endorse in Presidential race (8 replies)
- Debates 3, Climate Change 0 (3 replies)
- Debate takeaway headlines (11 replies)
- Oct 23 2016 - 9:30am (5 hours 41 min from now)
- Oct 23 2016 - 2:00pm (10 hours 11 min from now)
- Oct 26 2016 - 12:00pm (3 days 8 hours from now)
- Oct 29 2016 - 3:00pm (6 days 11 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2016 - 1:30pm (1 week 9 hours from now)