National Park(ing) Day is an opportunity to celebrate parks in cities and promote the need for more parks by creating temporary public parks in public parking spaces. National Park(ing) Day is Friday, September 19, 2008.
San Francisco art collective REBAR first created "PARK(ing)" in 2005 to re-imagine the potential of the metered parking space. In 2006, in collaboration with TPL [The Trust for Public Land], REBAR founded "PARK(ing) Day": a global exploration of the creative potential of streets.
Liberals! Progressives! This must be addressed to you. Who else, since it started in San Francisco and they are promoting "public" parks.
Sounds like fun.
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (17 replies)
- K-Mart N. Broadway gone (20 replies)
- Local Motors to produce Olli self-driving vehicle in Knoxville (10 replies)
- Union Ave, Ice Cream, and soup? (48 replies)
- UT students are back! (14 replies)
- Thanks for the memories! (1 reply)
- Free speech proves costly (4 replies)
- Hillary Clinton campaign office to open in Knox County (11 replies)
- How Haslam is reshaping Tennessee environmental rules (6 replies)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (9 replies)
- Interest rates at (pre) historic lows (6 replies)
- Trump train changing direction? (30 replies)
- Aug 24 2016 - 12:00pm (10 hours 53 min ago)
- Aug 27 2016 - 2:00pm (2 days 15 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (6 weeks 5 days from now)