National Park(ing) Day is an opportunity to celebrate parks in cities and promote the need for more parks by creating temporary public parks in public parking spaces. National Park(ing) Day is Friday, September 19, 2008.
San Francisco art collective REBAR first created "PARK(ing)" in 2005 to re-imagine the potential of the metered parking space. In 2006, in collaboration with TPL [The Trust for Public Land], REBAR founded "PARK(ing) Day": a global exploration of the creative potential of streets.
Liberals! Progressives! This must be addressed to you. Who else, since it started in San Francisco and they are promoting "public" parks.
Sounds like fun.
- No Credit? No Problem (6 replies)
- Gang of 4.0 on radio this morning (3 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (10 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (14 replies)
- Should Knox Co. Democrats cross over in the upcoming primaries? (42 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (5 replies)
- Adams fundraising update (1 reply)
- Yes, Virginia, there are Democrats on the ballot (9 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (42 replies)
- Here's why you should vote "yes" for all judicial retentions (1 reply)
- Briggs (187 replies)
- KNS running more misleading ads (2 replies)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (1 day 22 hours from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (3 days 13 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (6 days 14 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (6 days 22 hours from now)