National Park(ing) Day is an opportunity to celebrate parks in cities and promote the need for more parks by creating temporary public parks in public parking spaces. National Park(ing) Day is Friday, September 19, 2008.
San Francisco art collective REBAR first created "PARK(ing)" in 2005 to re-imagine the potential of the metered parking space. In 2006, in collaboration with TPL [The Trust for Public Land], REBAR founded "PARK(ing) Day": a global exploration of the creative potential of streets.
Liberals! Progressives! This must be addressed to you. Who else, since it started in San Francisco and they are promoting "public" parks.
Sounds like fun.
- More details emerge re. Haslam's outsourcing plans (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (7 replies)
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia (6 replies)
- DNC rolls back Obama ban on contributions from federal lobbyists (6 replies)
- Delegate counts (17 replies)
- Sorry, you'll need a note from your wife for that (2 replies)
- Early voting update: Where are all the Democrats? (4 replies)
- Nate Silver forecasts 50/50 chance that either Dem wins in Nevada (6 replies)
- Maybe the dog ate his diploma? (7 replies)
- Pilot update (20 replies)
- Oh no! Say it ain't so Fresh Market (22 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (11 replies)