National Park(ing) Day is an opportunity to celebrate parks in cities and promote the need for more parks by creating temporary public parks in public parking spaces. National Park(ing) Day is Friday, September 19, 2008.
San Francisco art collective REBAR first created "PARK(ing)" in 2005 to re-imagine the potential of the metered parking space. In 2006, in collaboration with TPL [The Trust for Public Land], REBAR founded "PARK(ing) Day": a global exploration of the creative potential of streets.
Liberals! Progressives! This must be addressed to you. Who else, since it started in San Francisco and they are promoting "public" parks.
Sounds like fun.
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (2 replies)
- Noted local defense attorney killed in car crash (4 replies)
- Tennessee needs $38 billion of infrastructure improvements (1 reply)
- What you need to know a bout Ebola (2 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (8 replies)
- International Baccalaureate (12 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (13 replies)
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (304 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (16 replies)
- Here's a fun way to explain our State Senate Race (7 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (3 days 2 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 2 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (5 days 3 hours from now)