Haven't seen this many cops on the streets since Operation Aquarius. Check the guy there on the left. I saw some others with rappelling gear. Not sure what kind of trouble they are expecting. Did they get some kind of intelligence that Osama bin Laden is in town?
Even the horses wear riot gear:
There are also lots of black helicopters. And some green military helicopters, too, with troops hanging out the open side doors.
I wasn't too worried before. Maybe I should be. The Mrs. has been going on about emergency plans and escape routes and coordinating communications and rendezvous points. Maybe I should be paying more attention.
On the other hand, this may be one of the safest cities in America right now. Either way, I bet local law enforcement is racking up some serious overtime.
(Photos courtesy of the Mrs.)
- Superintendent's holiday message to teachers (38 replies)
- New York bans styrofoam (23 replies)
- Tyson Park, not a family destination (22 replies)
- Holiday cooking/baking tip (3 replies)
- The Paint Drying Channel (18 replies)
- Mark Harmon's "Knox Beat" old time radio show (10 replies)
- Zeitgeist Studies (1 reply)
- In Memoriam (5 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (5 replies)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (13 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (3 replies)
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (8 replies)