Haven't seen this many cops on the streets since Operation Aquarius. Check the guy there on the left. I saw some others with rappelling gear. Not sure what kind of trouble they are expecting. Did they get some kind of intelligence that Osama bin Laden is in town?
Even the horses wear riot gear:
There are also lots of black helicopters. And some green military helicopters, too, with troops hanging out the open side doors.
I wasn't too worried before. Maybe I should be. The Mrs. has been going on about emergency plans and escape routes and coordinating communications and rendezvous points. Maybe I should be paying more attention.
On the other hand, this may be one of the safest cities in America right now. Either way, I bet local law enforcement is racking up some serious overtime.
(Photos courtesy of the Mrs.)
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (6 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (4 replies)
- Obamacare accountable care programs rang up $466 million in Medicare savings last year (2 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (37 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)
- Cheat sheet on why to vote for the Democratic candidate (1 reply)
- Mass shooting in Orlando (17 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (57 replies)
- Knox Co. breaks ground on new all-inclusive playground (1 reply)