A deal has been brokered between Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton that will allow Clinton's name to be placed in nomination at next week's Democratic nominating convention, sources close to the Clinton camp told ABC News.
Well, isn't that special. They're going to "allow" Clinton's name to be placed in nomination. Last time I checked she had about half the popular vote, and neither candidate had enough pledged delegates (which aren't even pledged anyway) to lock up the nomination.
The article says this will happen on Wednesday and that there will be a roll call vote. Should be interesting. Either way it's historic. I plan to be there to witness it. I will try to keep my opinions in check and report it straight up from the standpoint of the Tennessee delegation, their vote, and their reactions.
“I am convinced that honoring Senator Clinton's historic campaign in this way will help us celebrate this defining moment in our history and bring the party together in a strong united fashion,” said Senator Barack Obama.
Senator Obama’s campaign encouraged Senator Clinton's name to be placed in nomination as a show of unity and in recognition of the historic race she ran and the fact that she was the first woman to compete in all of our nation’s primary contests.
In other words, this is a formality to reinforce the legitimacy of Obama's nomination and the process. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (By way of ACK)
- Looking like a deadlock (21 replies)
- Uber Problem (18 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (11 replies)
- The long awaited "policy positions" of Dem candidate for Governor Charlie Brown (8 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (8 replies)
- Nashville Charter Drama (21 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (55 replies)
- Some happy Labor Day news from California (2 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- Sep 4 2014 - 5:30pm (1 day 16 hours from now)
First Friday Celebration and Silent Auction (benefiting UTK College Dems) with Knox Co Democratic PartySep 5 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 17 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (1 week 18 hours from now)