Saying "nobody likes a funeral," prominent Republicans are staying away from their convention. Politico reports that out of twelve Republican candidates in competitive Senate races, only three have agreed to come to the convention. Six are definite no-shows, and three are still deciding.
Several other prominent Republicans have formed "Republicans for Obama". Former Representative Jim Leach of Iowa said that "The prospect that we'll have more of the same -- that is the source of angst of many Republicans around the country."
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (27 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (25 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (10 replies)
- Turnout predictions? (22 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (4 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (33 replies)
- Women in Black vigils (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (47 replies)
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)
- Huffman caves (2 replies)
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (10 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)