Saying "nobody likes a funeral," prominent Republicans are staying away from their convention. Politico reports that out of twelve Republican candidates in competitive Senate races, only three have agreed to come to the convention. Six are definite no-shows, and three are still deciding.
Several other prominent Republicans have formed "Republicans for Obama". Former Representative Jim Leach of Iowa said that "The prospect that we'll have more of the same -- that is the source of angst of many Republicans around the country."
- Superintendent's holiday message to teachers (38 replies)
- New York bans styrofoam (23 replies)
- Tyson Park, not a family destination (22 replies)
- Holiday cooking/baking tip (3 replies)
- The Paint Drying Channel (18 replies)
- Mark Harmon's "Knox Beat" old time radio show (10 replies)
- Zeitgeist Studies (1 reply)
- In Memoriam (5 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (5 replies)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (13 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (3 replies)
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (8 replies)