Saying "nobody likes a funeral," prominent Republicans are staying away from their convention. Politico reports that out of twelve Republican candidates in competitive Senate races, only three have agreed to come to the convention. Six are definite no-shows, and three are still deciding.
Several other prominent Republicans have formed "Republicans for Obama". Former Representative Jim Leach of Iowa said that "The prospect that we'll have more of the same -- that is the source of angst of many Republicans around the country."
- school board meeting underway (39 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (7 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)
- TNGOP wants a special session on the gay crisis (3 replies)
- Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (2 replies)
- Today's school board work session (23 replies)
- Dog jumping in water (5 replies)