2 seriously, 4 not so seriously.
This really hurts.
That is my church.
And it had to happen during a children's production of Annie.
Who knows what the motivation was.
I guess we'll find out.
Apparently members of the congregation tackled the guy.
Long blond hair in his 40s
ED. UPDATE: KNS: One fatality reported
"Make sure everyone knows that Greg McKendry was a hero, a total hero," Taylor Bessette said of the man who has been his foster father just a few months.
Witness Barbara Kemper said, "Greg McKendry stood in the front of the gunman and took the blast to protect the rest of us."
ED. UPDATE: News now reporting two fatalities. No word yet on who the second victim is.
ED. UPDATE: According to the updated KNS report, the shooter is identified as Jim D. Adkisson, a 58-year-old Powell man. He is being held on $1 million bond. Reports of a second fatality are unconfirmed by the KPD.
ED. UPDATE: WBIR: Second fatality confirmed
A second victim in the church shooting has died. Linda Kraeger, 73 years of age, has died from her wounds, according to city of Knoxville spokesman Randy Kenner.
ED. NOTE: KNS article says Linda Kraeger was 61.
- Tyndall fired (17 replies)
- New push for state takeover of coal regulation gains steam (2 replies)
- Unlike Vouchers and Charters, Community Schools Work (3 replies)
- Brackin's Blues Club Closed? (12 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (17 replies)
- Big Ears is here (7 replies)
- The payday lending industry is in for a rude awakening (3 replies)
- Retirement Crisis: The Great 401(k) Experiment Has Failed for Many Americans (4 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (72 replies)
- Burchett nixes honorary resolution for Knox County women's groups (20 replies)
- Cades Cove, Daffodils, and the CCC (1 reply)
- Tenn. sues to preserve monopolies, restrict citizens' internet access (10 replies)