2 seriously, 4 not so seriously.
This really hurts.
That is my church.
And it had to happen during a children's production of Annie.
Who knows what the motivation was.
I guess we'll find out.
Apparently members of the congregation tackled the guy.
Long blond hair in his 40s
ED. UPDATE: KNS: One fatality reported
"Make sure everyone knows that Greg McKendry was a hero, a total hero," Taylor Bessette said of the man who has been his foster father just a few months.
Witness Barbara Kemper said, "Greg McKendry stood in the front of the gunman and took the blast to protect the rest of us."
ED. UPDATE: News now reporting two fatalities. No word yet on who the second victim is.
ED. UPDATE: According to the updated KNS report, the shooter is identified as Jim D. Adkisson, a 58-year-old Powell man. He is being held on $1 million bond. Reports of a second fatality are unconfirmed by the KPD.
ED. UPDATE: WBIR: Second fatality confirmed
A second victim in the church shooting has died. Linda Kraeger, 73 years of age, has died from her wounds, according to city of Knoxville spokesman Randy Kenner.
ED. NOTE: KNS article says Linda Kraeger was 61.
- Lady Vols win SEC championship (2 replies)
- Merita bread to make a comeback? (10 replies)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (30 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (15 replies)
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (9 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (4 replies)
- Ever thought about opening a franchise store? (1 reply)
- CCA under federal investigation (7 replies)
- Honey Bees Question (3 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (34 replies)
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful: Nominate a location to be beautified (10 replies)
- The 5 National Parks Hardest Hit by the Government Shutdown (3 replies)