2 seriously, 4 not so seriously.
This really hurts.
That is my church.
And it had to happen during a children's production of Annie.
Who knows what the motivation was.
I guess we'll find out.
Apparently members of the congregation tackled the guy.
Long blond hair in his 40s
ED. UPDATE: KNS: One fatality reported
"Make sure everyone knows that Greg McKendry was a hero, a total hero," Taylor Bessette said of the man who has been his foster father just a few months.
Witness Barbara Kemper said, "Greg McKendry stood in the front of the gunman and took the blast to protect the rest of us."
ED. UPDATE: News now reporting two fatalities. No word yet on who the second victim is.
ED. UPDATE: According to the updated KNS report, the shooter is identified as Jim D. Adkisson, a 58-year-old Powell man. He is being held on $1 million bond. Reports of a second fatality are unconfirmed by the KPD.
ED. UPDATE: WBIR: Second fatality confirmed
A second victim in the church shooting has died. Linda Kraeger, 73 years of age, has died from her wounds, according to city of Knoxville spokesman Randy Kenner.
ED. NOTE: KNS article says Linda Kraeger was 61.
- Art or advertising? Magpies and city trying to sort it out (25 replies)
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (14 replies)
- Haslam to outsource operation of U.T. and other university facilities (62 replies)
- Stand Up for Good Jobs, Living Wages, & Our Public Services! (2 replies)
- This will make you feel old (2 replies)
- Making out like a Bandit? (79 replies)
- U.S. Economy Added 173,000 Jobs in August; Unemployment Rate Fell (1 reply)
- Rowan Co. KY county clerk in the national spotlight for defying U.S. Supreme Court (20 replies)
- Tennessee judge won't grant divorce because the gays win (3 replies)
- State officials promote 'low-cost labor force' to lure foreign industries to Tennessee (2 replies)
- State seeks input on proposed law to charge for public records inspection (1 reply)
- The beast has more than one belly: (21 replies)