2 seriously, 4 not so seriously.
This really hurts.
That is my church.
And it had to happen during a children's production of Annie.
Who knows what the motivation was.
I guess we'll find out.
Apparently members of the congregation tackled the guy.
Long blond hair in his 40s
ED. UPDATE: KNS: One fatality reported
"Make sure everyone knows that Greg McKendry was a hero, a total hero," Taylor Bessette said of the man who has been his foster father just a few months.
Witness Barbara Kemper said, "Greg McKendry stood in the front of the gunman and took the blast to protect the rest of us."
ED. UPDATE: News now reporting two fatalities. No word yet on who the second victim is.
ED. UPDATE: According to the updated KNS report, the shooter is identified as Jim D. Adkisson, a 58-year-old Powell man. He is being held on $1 million bond. Reports of a second fatality are unconfirmed by the KPD.
ED. UPDATE: WBIR: Second fatality confirmed
A second victim in the church shooting has died. Linda Kraeger, 73 years of age, has died from her wounds, according to city of Knoxville spokesman Randy Kenner.
ED. NOTE: KNS article says Linda Kraeger was 61.
- Niceley, Campfield propose to arm teachers (15 replies)
- A few words about the state's incoming Education Commissioner (4 replies)
- Anybody else hear that loud, mysterious boom? (40 replies)
- Should city police and firefighters get a raise? (6 replies)
- Giving back (4 replies)
- Christmas tree recycling (1 reply)
- The year ahead for IT (4 replies)
- RIP Joe Cocker (8 replies)
- Christmas Carols (4 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (21 replies)
- How Is Haslam’s Medicaid Expansion Different From Regular TennCare? (1 reply)