2 seriously, 4 not so seriously.
This really hurts.
That is my church.
And it had to happen during a children's production of Annie.
Who knows what the motivation was.
I guess we'll find out.
Apparently members of the congregation tackled the guy.
Long blond hair in his 40s
ED. UPDATE: KNS: One fatality reported
"Make sure everyone knows that Greg McKendry was a hero, a total hero," Taylor Bessette said of the man who has been his foster father just a few months.
Witness Barbara Kemper said, "Greg McKendry stood in the front of the gunman and took the blast to protect the rest of us."
ED. UPDATE: News now reporting two fatalities. No word yet on who the second victim is.
ED. UPDATE: According to the updated KNS report, the shooter is identified as Jim D. Adkisson, a 58-year-old Powell man. He is being held on $1 million bond. Reports of a second fatality are unconfirmed by the KPD.
ED. UPDATE: WBIR: Second fatality confirmed
A second victim in the church shooting has died. Linda Kraeger, 73 years of age, has died from her wounds, according to city of Knoxville spokesman Randy Kenner.
ED. NOTE: KNS article says Linda Kraeger was 61.
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (4 replies)
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (1 reply)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (1 reply)
- ISIS (144 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- The Best #Democracy Money Can Buy? (16 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (85 replies)
- Ballot order (17 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (43 replies)
- Chickamauga Lock closed for repairs, Knoxville barge traffic cut off (10 replies)
- John Stewart: Amendment 3 would bring higher sales, food, business taxes (4 replies)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (44 min 33 sec ago)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (2 days 20 hours from now)