John McCain, posting on his blog
The AP is spreading misinformation about McCain, saying he was "born before computers."
This is simply not true. Herman Hollerith invented the punched card tabulating machine (and those 80 column cards you keypunched your FORTRAN programs onto in college) in 1896. His company eventually became IBM in 1911, twenty-five whole years before John McCain was born in 1936.
Also, 1936 was the same year German inventor Knoran Zuze invented the Z1 electrical binary programmable computer in his parents' living room. It was programmed using punched paper tape, just like Bill Gates' first version of BASIC that launched Microsoft.
So AP, McCain's not THAT old. He's just, uhm, "experienced," and has, uh, "witnessed a lot of technological advancements" first hand.
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- LWV local news media forum (4 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Trump's NatSec advisor Michael Flynn resigns (20 replies)
- NYT - Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence (7 replies)
- No ACA exchange options in Knox area after this year? (9 replies)
- Like A Ghoul Pool For A Nation (13 replies)
- Trump Takes Aim At Dodd-Frank, Investor Protections Rule In Executive Action (1 reply)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (3 days 5 hours from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (4 days 11 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)