John McCain, posting on his blog
The AP is spreading misinformation about McCain, saying he was "born before computers."
This is simply not true. Herman Hollerith invented the punched card tabulating machine (and those 80 column cards you keypunched your FORTRAN programs onto in college) in 1896. His company eventually became IBM in 1911, twenty-five whole years before John McCain was born in 1936.
Also, 1936 was the same year German inventor Knoran Zuze invented the Z1 electrical binary programmable computer in his parents' living room. It was programmed using punched paper tape, just like Bill Gates' first version of BASIC that launched Microsoft.
So AP, McCain's not THAT old. He's just, uhm, "experienced," and has, uh, "witnessed a lot of technological advancements" first hand.
- Trump says he will help middle class working people... (1 reply)
- Knoxville Women's March (3 replies)
- Women's March on Washington includes local events (6 replies)
- Inauguration Day (14 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (80 replies)
- Selling public lands - Cherokee national forest? (5 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (59 replies)
- Saw Works Brewing Co. may move to Standard Knitting Mill (6 replies)
- Jimmy Kimmel - on the street Obamacare vs ACA (3 replies)
- We are living... (3 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (12 replies)
- A message (2 replies)
- Jan 25 2017 - 12:00pm (3 days 2 hours from now)
- Jan 25 2017 - 5:00pm (3 days 7 hours from now)
- Feb 3 2017 - 10:00am (1 week 5 days from now)