From WhitesCreek Steve over at TennViews, Tennessee Democratic Party Executive Committee member Fred Hobbs says Obama "...may be terrorist connected for all I can tell. It sounds kind of like he may be."
Wow. With friends like that... Maybe the other Hobbs could use an assistant over at the TNGOP.
UPDATE: By way of ACK, the TNDP rejects and renounces the remarks:
“The Tennessee Democratic Party is united behind our party’s nominee, Senator Barack Obama. Mr. [Fred] Hobbs is obviously misinformed, and his statement highlights the perpetual efforts of the Republican Party, especially here in Tennessee, to turn internet smears and highly offensive gossip into their party’s message against Senator Barack Obama as we head into the General Election. Instead of debating the issues, the Tennessee Republican Party continues to rely upon slanderous and salacious tall tales. They are borrowing from the playbook first written by Richard Nixon and employed in the race against Congressman Harold Ford Jr. Tennesseans of every political persuasion are tired of these tactics.”
That was quick.
- New pipeline (1 reply)
- ISIS (42 replies)
- Five Knox Co. schools named as "Reward Schools" for performance and progress (3 replies)
- Gaza: it's about natural gas (5 replies)
- McIntyre: Burchett remarks "appalling" and "ignorant" (38 replies)
- Are Achievement School District schools achieving? (1 reply)
- Who's worse: Delusional sellers or Realtors who enable them? (26 replies)
- Gov Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power (17 replies)
- Laying the foundation (18 replies)
- Police state of America (33 replies)
- Conversations (4 replies)
- Corporate profits (1 reply)
- Aug 23 2014 - 11:00am (1 day 16 hours from now)
- Aug 26 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 23 hours from now)
- Aug 28 2014 - 6:00pm (6 days 23 hours from now)
- Sep 10 2014 - 7:00pm (2 weeks 6 days from now)