From WhitesCreek Steve over at TennViews, Tennessee Democratic Party Executive Committee member Fred Hobbs says Obama "...may be terrorist connected for all I can tell. It sounds kind of like he may be."
Wow. With friends like that... Maybe the other Hobbs could use an assistant over at the TNGOP.
UPDATE: By way of ACK, the TNDP rejects and renounces the remarks:
“The Tennessee Democratic Party is united behind our party’s nominee, Senator Barack Obama. Mr. [Fred] Hobbs is obviously misinformed, and his statement highlights the perpetual efforts of the Republican Party, especially here in Tennessee, to turn internet smears and highly offensive gossip into their party’s message against Senator Barack Obama as we head into the General Election. Instead of debating the issues, the Tennessee Republican Party continues to rely upon slanderous and salacious tall tales. They are borrowing from the playbook first written by Richard Nixon and employed in the race against Congressman Harold Ford Jr. Tennesseans of every political persuasion are tired of these tactics.”
That was quick.
- Superintendent's holiday message to teachers (16 replies)
- Tyson Park, not a family destination (13 replies)
- Holiday cooking/baking tip (2 replies)
- The Paint Drying Channel (18 replies)
- New York bans styrofoam (22 replies)
- Mark Harmon's "Knox Beat" old time radio show (10 replies)
- Zeitgeist Studies (1 reply)
- In Memoriam (5 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (5 replies)
- Lottery: it's all about the students (13 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (3 replies)
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (8 replies)