FYI.. Knoxville got a nice write up in Today's Travel Section of the NY Times (link...), although I am not familiar with "The Couch" to describe our city. Check out the slide show too. There are mentions of lots of local businesses, Yee Haw, Mast General, Magpies, Crown and Goose, Preservation Pub, Vagabondia, Tomato Head, Littons, Farmers Market,etc. and our great jewel.. WDVX. No mention of the South Knoxville rodeo, though.
Pretty good for our scruffy city on the river. First Friday is tonight. Come on down. It has turned into one great event. If you haven't been by all means come down. Plenty of free parking in the garages.
- school board meeting underway (39 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (7 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)
- TNGOP wants a special session on the gay crisis (3 replies)
- Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (2 replies)
- Today's school board work session (23 replies)
- Dog jumping in water (5 replies)