I keep a scanner running near the computer and listen in to local railroad dispatchers. The CSX dispatcher in Jacksonville, FL, has just reported a fatality involving a pedestrian in Knox County near the Anderson County line.
Karns Volunteer Fire Department has been dispatched and is searching the scene. It is apparently near the tunnel in the Solway Community.
UPDATE: Karns is asking for Lifestar support. There may be hope left.
UPDATE: They are shutting down southbound Pellissippi Parkway to form an LZ for Lifestar. Oak Ridge Highway is shut down completely at the scene near Jim Jones Road.
UPDATE: Karns reports at 11:54 that the patient is aboard Lifestar and they are recovering equipment. There is head and leg trauma but at least there is life. Oak Ridge Highway and Pellissippi Parkway have been re-opened.
- Turnout predictions? (20 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (32 replies)
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (18 replies)
- Emerald Academy principal named (23 replies)
- Women in Black vigils (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (47 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)
- Huffman caves (2 replies)
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (10 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)