I keep a scanner running near the computer and listen in to local railroad dispatchers. The CSX dispatcher in Jacksonville, FL, has just reported a fatality involving a pedestrian in Knox County near the Anderson County line.
Karns Volunteer Fire Department has been dispatched and is searching the scene. It is apparently near the tunnel in the Solway Community.
UPDATE: Karns is asking for Lifestar support. There may be hope left.
UPDATE: They are shutting down southbound Pellissippi Parkway to form an LZ for Lifestar. Oak Ridge Highway is shut down completely at the scene near Jim Jones Road.
UPDATE: Karns reports at 11:54 that the patient is aboard Lifestar and they are recovering equipment. There is head and leg trauma but at least there is life. Oak Ridge Highway and Pellissippi Parkway have been re-opened.
- Lottery: it's all about the students (10 replies)
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (8 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (2 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (4 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (97 replies)
- RIP Tom Laughlin, 'Billy Jack' (5 replies)
- Haslam's lack of leadership on health care hurts state's most vulnerable (19 replies)
- Shopper update (9 replies)
- Encouraging local health insurance story (1 reply)
- RIP Joan Fontaine (2 replies)
- School board votes to extend McIntyre contract (115 replies)
- Vinyl (53 replies)