I keep a scanner running near the computer and listen in to local railroad dispatchers. The CSX dispatcher in Jacksonville, FL, has just reported a fatality involving a pedestrian in Knox County near the Anderson County line.
Karns Volunteer Fire Department has been dispatched and is searching the scene. It is apparently near the tunnel in the Solway Community.
UPDATE: Karns is asking for Lifestar support. There may be hope left.
UPDATE: They are shutting down southbound Pellissippi Parkway to form an LZ for Lifestar. Oak Ridge Highway is shut down completely at the scene near Jim Jones Road.
UPDATE: Karns reports at 11:54 that the patient is aboard Lifestar and they are recovering equipment. There is head and leg trauma but at least there is life. Oak Ridge Highway and Pellissippi Parkway have been re-opened.
- He lost me at "one-time cost" (3 replies)
- KnoxGOP: The best government money can buy (17 replies)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (27 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (3 replies)
- a fine BLT (22 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (40 replies)
- Third Creek Greenway vandalism (14 replies)
- Decline of civilization, part 473 (6 replies)
- Knox County Commission Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS (11 replies)
- Donaldson on the way out (59 replies)
- Who should replace Indya Kincannon on School Board? (6 replies)
- ISIS (78 replies)