I keep a scanner running near the computer and listen in to local railroad dispatchers. The CSX dispatcher in Jacksonville, FL, has just reported a fatality involving a pedestrian in Knox County near the Anderson County line.
Karns Volunteer Fire Department has been dispatched and is searching the scene. It is apparently near the tunnel in the Solway Community.
UPDATE: Karns is asking for Lifestar support. There may be hope left.
UPDATE: They are shutting down southbound Pellissippi Parkway to form an LZ for Lifestar. Oak Ridge Highway is shut down completely at the scene near Jim Jones Road.
UPDATE: Karns reports at 11:54 that the patient is aboard Lifestar and they are recovering equipment. There is head and leg trauma but at least there is life. Oak Ridge Highway and Pellissippi Parkway have been re-opened.
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (7 replies)
- Angry Ohio GOP Demands Cuyahoga NP Be Renamed for Palin (3 replies)
- The beast has more than one belly: (16 replies)
- Cades Cove this morning (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (8 replies)
- Into the Belly of the Beast (3 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (6 replies)
- so this is it ... (7 replies)
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision (2 replies)
- Tivo deal alert (2 replies)
- City Council candidate forum (5 replies)