I keep a scanner running near the computer and listen in to local railroad dispatchers. The CSX dispatcher in Jacksonville, FL, has just reported a fatality involving a pedestrian in Knox County near the Anderson County line.
Karns Volunteer Fire Department has been dispatched and is searching the scene. It is apparently near the tunnel in the Solway Community.
UPDATE: Karns is asking for Lifestar support. There may be hope left.
UPDATE: They are shutting down southbound Pellissippi Parkway to form an LZ for Lifestar. Oak Ridge Highway is shut down completely at the scene near Jim Jones Road.
UPDATE: Karns reports at 11:54 that the patient is aboard Lifestar and they are recovering equipment. There is head and leg trauma but at least there is life. Oak Ridge Highway and Pellissippi Parkway have been re-opened.
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (9 replies)
- VW sets new "Community Organization Engagement" policy at Chattanooga Plant (22 replies)
- RIP Mike Nichols (3 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (4 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (7 replies)
- Snow pics from Buffalo (6 replies)
- Haslam named chair of Republican Governors Association, nobody else wanted it (1 reply)
- Geek tip: Trick out your Android keyboard (1 reply)
- Christmas lights at Chilhowee Park (1 reply)
- Shopper News publisher Sandra Clark exonerated in theft trial (8 replies)
- Della Volpe opposes Tennova hospital relocation (16 replies)
- TNDP chair screening committee recommends three candidates (12 replies)