In March 2007, Jon Nix, the former Chairman of the Company's Board of Directors, who is also the former President and CEO, sold to the current President and CEO, Daniel Roling, for $10 the fully vested option to purchase 400,000 shares of National Coal Corp. common stock at $7.00 per share until December 31, 2008.
National Coal is mining more coal and losing more money, possibly as a result of questionable management signing long term contracts to deliver coal at prices well below current market (which has tripled for some types of coal). It's killing them and it looks to me like they are trying to get environmental standards wiped out so they can strip mine Tennessee's Royal Blue State Natural Area.
The Scenic Vistas bill is crucial to protect the New River and the Big South Fork. There are now more jobs dependant on recreation in the Big South Fork than there are in coal mining, by the way.
See what you see.
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (2 replies)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (21 hours 55 min from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (2 days 3 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (6 days 4 hours from now)