In March 2007, Jon Nix, the former Chairman of the Company's Board of Directors, who is also the former President and CEO, sold to the current President and CEO, Daniel Roling, for $10 the fully vested option to purchase 400,000 shares of National Coal Corp. common stock at $7.00 per share until December 31, 2008.
National Coal is mining more coal and losing more money, possibly as a result of questionable management signing long term contracts to deliver coal at prices well below current market (which has tripled for some types of coal). It's killing them and it looks to me like they are trying to get environmental standards wiped out so they can strip mine Tennessee's Royal Blue State Natural Area.
The Scenic Vistas bill is crucial to protect the New River and the Big South Fork. There are now more jobs dependant on recreation in the Big South Fork than there are in coal mining, by the way.
See what you see.
- Inside the lonely "newsroom of the future" (4 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (3 replies)
- International Baccalaureate (16 replies)
- Tennessee needs $38 billion of infrastructure improvements (2 replies)
- Noted local defense attorney killed in car crash (4 replies)
- What you need to know a bout Ebola (2 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (8 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (13 replies)
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (304 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (16 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (2 days 19 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 20 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (4 days 21 hours from now)