In March 2007, Jon Nix, the former Chairman of the Company's Board of Directors, who is also the former President and CEO, sold to the current President and CEO, Daniel Roling, for $10 the fully vested option to purchase 400,000 shares of National Coal Corp. common stock at $7.00 per share until December 31, 2008.
National Coal is mining more coal and losing more money, possibly as a result of questionable management signing long term contracts to deliver coal at prices well below current market (which has tripled for some types of coal). It's killing them and it looks to me like they are trying to get environmental standards wiped out so they can strip mine Tennessee's Royal Blue State Natural Area.
The Scenic Vistas bill is crucial to protect the New River and the Big South Fork. There are now more jobs dependant on recreation in the Big South Fork than there are in coal mining, by the way.
See what you see.
- Let's get ready to rumble! (11 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (15 replies)
- The millennial vote? (8 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (3 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (7 replies)
- Butt probe (4 replies)
- Trump Health Plan Would Raise Costs, Clinton's Would Insure More (1 reply)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (28 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (62 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (5 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (8 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (1 day 12 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (2 days 17 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (2 days 18 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (2 weeks 10 hours from now)