In March 2007, Jon Nix, the former Chairman of the Company's Board of Directors, who is also the former President and CEO, sold to the current President and CEO, Daniel Roling, for $10 the fully vested option to purchase 400,000 shares of National Coal Corp. common stock at $7.00 per share until December 31, 2008.
National Coal is mining more coal and losing more money, possibly as a result of questionable management signing long term contracts to deliver coal at prices well below current market (which has tripled for some types of coal). It's killing them and it looks to me like they are trying to get environmental standards wiped out so they can strip mine Tennessee's Royal Blue State Natural Area.
The Scenic Vistas bill is crucial to protect the New River and the Big South Fork. There are now more jobs dependant on recreation in the Big South Fork than there are in coal mining, by the way.
See what you see.
- school board meeting underway (31 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (9 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (9 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (7 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)
- TNGOP wants a special session on the gay crisis (3 replies)
- Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (2 replies)
- Today's school board work session (23 replies)
- Dog jumping in water (5 replies)