In March 2007, Jon Nix, the former Chairman of the Company's Board of Directors, who is also the former President and CEO, sold to the current President and CEO, Daniel Roling, for $10 the fully vested option to purchase 400,000 shares of National Coal Corp. common stock at $7.00 per share until December 31, 2008.
National Coal is mining more coal and losing more money, possibly as a result of questionable management signing long term contracts to deliver coal at prices well below current market (which has tripled for some types of coal). It's killing them and it looks to me like they are trying to get environmental standards wiped out so they can strip mine Tennessee's Royal Blue State Natural Area.
The Scenic Vistas bill is crucial to protect the New River and the Big South Fork. There are now more jobs dependant on recreation in the Big South Fork than there are in coal mining, by the way.
See what you see.
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (11 replies)
- McMillan elected School Board Chair (1 reply)
- Um, Greg Johnson? Haslam's free tuition plan NOT "first-in-the-nation," just screwiest (8 replies)
- ISIS+ (3 replies)
- EBT confusion (96 replies)
- Well, this is awkward (29 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (82 replies)
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (11 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (20 replies)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (15 hours 37 min from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (3 days 11 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 6:15pm (4 days 15 hours from now)