In March 2007, Jon Nix, the former Chairman of the Company's Board of Directors, who is also the former President and CEO, sold to the current President and CEO, Daniel Roling, for $10 the fully vested option to purchase 400,000 shares of National Coal Corp. common stock at $7.00 per share until December 31, 2008.
National Coal is mining more coal and losing more money, possibly as a result of questionable management signing long term contracts to deliver coal at prices well below current market (which has tripled for some types of coal). It's killing them and it looks to me like they are trying to get environmental standards wiped out so they can strip mine Tennessee's Royal Blue State Natural Area.
The Scenic Vistas bill is crucial to protect the New River and the Big South Fork. There are now more jobs dependant on recreation in the Big South Fork than there are in coal mining, by the way.
See what you see.
- KnoxViews exclusive: U.S. Senate candidate Gordon Ball on the issues (22 replies)
- Interesting background on new Attorney General (9 replies)
- City of Alcoa-Sam's Club first step in New Urbanism? (4 replies)
- Urban Outfitters, Kent State sweatshirt - what were they thinking? (6 replies)
- Social Security garnished for student loan debt (36 replies)
- TN Supreme Court names new Attorney General (9 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (60 replies)
- SATURDAY SOUTH (9 replies)
- Bravo to LaFollette Middle School Coach Jake Snider (1 reply)
- Butch Jones: Best new coach in the SEC?* (8 replies)
- Gordon Ball kicks off statewide U.S. Senate campaign in East TN (2 replies)
- Searching for an Online Search Guru (2 replies)
- Sep 17 2014 - 12:00pm (4 hours 29 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (6 days 10 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)