is what Obama said true?
At a time when we're facing the largest homecoming since the Second World War," Obama said of veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan, "the true test of our patriotism is whether we will serve our returning heroes as well as they've served us."
Just a quick Google search on the Vietnam war:
1968. U.S. strength in South Vietnam totaled more than 500,000 by early 1968.
President Nixon announced the reduction of the U.S. military presence in South Vietnam which would be demonstrated initially by the withdrawal of 25,000 troops by 31 August 1969
April, 1969. American troop strength had peaked at 543,400 in April 1969 but dropped to 505,500 by mid October
November, 1971. By early November, U.S. troop totals dropped to 191,000, the lowest level since December 1965.
January, February, March, 1972. U.S. troop strength in Vietnam dropped to 136,500 by 31 January 1972, to 119,600 by 29 February, and then to 95,500 by the end of March.
What if I Googled the Korean War?
Etc., etc., etc....
- Metro Pulse BOE Endorsements (22 replies)
- Everything you wanted to know about Compact Fluorescent Bulbs, including the mercury problem (49 replies)
- TDOT commissioner: Tennessee facing new taxing method or deteriorating roads (7 replies)
- Thanks, Jim (3 replies)
- Tips for local live musicians (17 replies)
- National Park Week: "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" (4 replies)
- Women’s Representation in Tennessee (1 reply)
- First woman to fly around the world solo forgotten. (3 replies)
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (5 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (7 replies)
- Oh National Democrats wherefore art thou? (10 replies)
- Remembering Black Wednesday (17 replies)