is what Obama said true?
At a time when we're facing the largest homecoming since the Second World War," Obama said of veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan, "the true test of our patriotism is whether we will serve our returning heroes as well as they've served us."
Just a quick Google search on the Vietnam war:
1968. U.S. strength in South Vietnam totaled more than 500,000 by early 1968.
President Nixon announced the reduction of the U.S. military presence in South Vietnam which would be demonstrated initially by the withdrawal of 25,000 troops by 31 August 1969
April, 1969. American troop strength had peaked at 543,400 in April 1969 but dropped to 505,500 by mid October
November, 1971. By early November, U.S. troop totals dropped to 191,000, the lowest level since December 1965.
January, February, March, 1972. U.S. troop strength in Vietnam dropped to 136,500 by 31 January 1972, to 119,600 by 29 February, and then to 95,500 by the end of March.
What if I Googled the Korean War?
Etc., etc., etc....
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (3 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (18 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (20 replies)
- The gun debate, face to face (65 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (2 replies)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (62 replies)
- Knox area financial counseling resources for the poor? (8 replies)
- Democrats staging sit-in on House floor (42 replies)
- Happy Pollinators Week! Please, take action (3 replies)
- "Make America White Again" (4 replies)
- DOJ: 301 defendants charged in $900 million Medicare/Medicaid fraud bust (2 replies)
- City Council workshop on payday lending zoning ordinance (1 reply)