is what Obama said true?
At a time when we're facing the largest homecoming since the Second World War," Obama said of veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan, "the true test of our patriotism is whether we will serve our returning heroes as well as they've served us."
Just a quick Google search on the Vietnam war:
1968. U.S. strength in South Vietnam totaled more than 500,000 by early 1968.
President Nixon announced the reduction of the U.S. military presence in South Vietnam which would be demonstrated initially by the withdrawal of 25,000 troops by 31 August 1969
April, 1969. American troop strength had peaked at 543,400 in April 1969 but dropped to 505,500 by mid October
November, 1971. By early November, U.S. troop totals dropped to 191,000, the lowest level since December 1965.
January, February, March, 1972. U.S. troop strength in Vietnam dropped to 136,500 by 31 January 1972, to 119,600 by 29 February, and then to 95,500 by the end of March.
What if I Googled the Korean War?
Etc., etc., etc....
- No Credit? No Problem (21 replies)
- George Flinn for Senate? (4 replies)
- State finally admits its for-profit virtual academy is a flop (5 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (10 replies)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (13 replies)
- Knoxville firefighters endorse Cheri Siler for State Senate (3 replies)
- Tennessee, an inauspicious place to raise children (1 reply)
- State of Tennessee facing Medicaid enrollment lawsuit (4 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (1 reply)
- Congress comes together to help the disabled save, tax-free (1 reply)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (25 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (10 replies)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (22 hours 20 min from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (2 days 13 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (5 days 14 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (5 days 21 hours from now)