"After hearing the debate framed in terms of aesthetics, driver safety and capturing local tourism dollars, Knoxville City Council members could decide whether to permit digital billboards based on which course of action is least likely to get the city sued."
Since approx 1500 communities around USA have banned billboards and four states have banned them it would seem a precedent has more than been set.
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (31 replies)
- Funny letter to the editor (8 replies)
- school board meeting underway (85 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (9 replies)
- Celebrating with a Strawberry Cobbler (2 replies)
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (2 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (48 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)