Lost in all the attention on the Democratic primary, there was also a Republican primary in Pennsylvania yesterday.
McCain won with 73% of the vote. Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul got 16%, followed by Chucklebee at 11%.
73% doesn't seem like a very strong showing by the presumptive nominee and savior of the Bush GOP legacy against two guys who already dropped out.
It sounds like a third party Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul/Mike Huckabee ticket is just what the GOP disaffected need. Democrats would be happy with that scenario, too.
Turnout was also interesting. More than 2.3 million Democrats voted, v. 804,000 Republicans. That's nearly three to one for Democrats. Of course, St. McCain is a lock so lots of Republicans probably stayed home. Hopefully they'll do the same in November.
- City to begin enforcing parking meter time limits (16 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (29 replies)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (34 replies)
- Will Trump last four years? (46 replies)
- Obama leaving economy better than he found it (4 replies)
- Is Trump a pathological liar? (1 reply)
- Standing Rock Sioux pipeline protest (1 reply)
- MLK Center Job Posting (1 reply)
- Feeling old (1 reply)
- Christmas things to see and do in Knoxville (2 replies)
- Kakistocracy/Kleptocracy era (5 replies)
- Gatlinburg on fire! (25 replies)