Lost in all the attention on the Democratic primary, there was also a Republican primary in Pennsylvania yesterday.
McCain won with 73% of the vote. Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul got 16%, followed by Chucklebee at 11%.
73% doesn't seem like a very strong showing by the presumptive nominee and savior of the Bush GOP legacy against two guys who already dropped out.
It sounds like a third party Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul/Mike Huckabee ticket is just what the GOP disaffected need. Democrats would be happy with that scenario, too.
Turnout was also interesting. More than 2.3 million Democrats voted, v. 804,000 Republicans. That's nearly three to one for Democrats. Of course, St. McCain is a lock so lots of Republicans probably stayed home. Hopefully they'll do the same in November.
- Tennessee needs $38 billion of infrastructure improvements (2 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (2 replies)
- Noted local defense attorney killed in car crash (4 replies)
- What you need to know a bout Ebola (2 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (8 replies)
- International Baccalaureate (12 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (13 replies)
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (304 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (16 replies)
- Here's a fun way to explain our State Senate Race (7 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (3 days 39 min from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 1 hour from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (5 days 2 hours from now)