Lost in all the attention on the Democratic primary, there was also a Republican primary in Pennsylvania yesterday.
McCain won with 73% of the vote. Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul got 16%, followed by Chucklebee at 11%.
73% doesn't seem like a very strong showing by the presumptive nominee and savior of the Bush GOP legacy against two guys who already dropped out.
It sounds like a third party Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul/Mike Huckabee ticket is just what the GOP disaffected need. Democrats would be happy with that scenario, too.
Turnout was also interesting. More than 2.3 million Democrats voted, v. 804,000 Republicans. That's nearly three to one for Democrats. Of course, St. McCain is a lock so lots of Republicans probably stayed home. Hopefully they'll do the same in November.
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (4 replies)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Trump's NatSec advisor Michael Flynn resigns (20 replies)
- NYT - Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence (7 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (1 day 17 hours from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (2 days 23 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 29 min from now)