Senate Bill 1408/House Bill 1829 mandates deposits for recycling of drink containers.
It will result in less litter along our roadways, less waste in the landfills, money saved on litter crews, and improved scenic quality of Tennessee.
Once assigned by the government operations committee, Senate Bill 1408 will go to the Senate Committee for Environment, Conservation and Tourism for a vote, probably next week. If approved, it will go to the full Senate. Once there, its chance of passage is deemed excellent.
If your State Senator is on the Environment, Conservation, and Tourism committee, encourage them to support this bill.
For more info visit the Tennessee Bottle Bill Project website.
- Haslam's legacy (19 replies)
- David Letterman signs off (2 replies)
- Good guys just stand out (1 reply)
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (3 replies)
- DTV Features Honor Air Knoxville and Eddie Mannis (1 reply)
- Boy Scout president calls for end to ban on gay leaders (2 replies)
- Haven't bragged about the SIL lately (3 replies)
- State and federal complaints filed against Knoxville charity (18 replies)
- Politically connected defendant will plead guilty to a lesser charge (9 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (38 replies)
- Takata Air Bag Recall grows (5 replies)
- TN senators question TVA on renewable energy (8 replies)
- May 22 2015 - 6:00pm (1 hour 14 min from now)
- May 22 2015 - 7:30pm (2 hours 44 min from now)
- May 26 2015 - 5:30pm (4 days 44 min from now)
- May 27 2015 - 5:30pm (5 days 44 min from now)