The Rep reports on his blog:
"As you may have noticed the house has not been moving on any serious legislation. Yes, we have done several resolutions honoring schools teachers and such but no real meaty bills. On the other hand the Republican controlled senate is moving important legislation and has been diligently doing their work. It is looking now like the senate may have to take 2 to 5 WEEKS off to allow the Democrat controlled house to catch up."
...but is it Democrats slowing down work in the House?
Surely it takes time to determine, say, how to charge $4 million for a Playboy (so that tax on pornography may replace tax on food), or how to issue death certificates for aborted fetuses (absent their names, birthdates, or Social Security numbers), or how to curtail this doggone homosexual agenda in public schools (before it crops up)???
- Ditching your landline for a wireless home phone (4 replies)
- Bernie is running (45 replies)
- Steve Wildsmith: The hardest working man in journalism (5 replies)
- Former Speaker Dennis Hastert Indicted (1 reply)
- Local alternative alternative paper filling in the Blank (27 replies)
- Democratic TV with Jessee Bundy (1 reply)
- Christenberry House comes down (11 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (31 replies)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (7 replies)
- City unveils new website (20 replies)
- State rep hog farmer under EPA microscope (1 reply)
- Tennessee offers rebates for electric cars and PHEVs (10 replies)