The Rep reports on his blog:
"As you may have noticed the house has not been moving on any serious legislation. Yes, we have done several resolutions honoring schools teachers and such but no real meaty bills. On the other hand the Republican controlled senate is moving important legislation and has been diligently doing their work. It is looking now like the senate may have to take 2 to 5 WEEKS off to allow the Democrat controlled house to catch up."
...but is it Democrats slowing down work in the House?
Surely it takes time to determine, say, how to charge $4 million for a Playboy (so that tax on pornography may replace tax on food), or how to issue death certificates for aborted fetuses (absent their names, birthdates, or Social Security numbers), or how to curtail this doggone homosexual agenda in public schools (before it crops up)???
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (39 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (1 reply)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (8 replies)
- The banality of evil (5 replies)
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (1 reply)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (17 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (76 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (16 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (32 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (17 replies)
- don't forget, it's hanukah (5 replies)