The Rep reports on his blog:
"As you may have noticed the house has not been moving on any serious legislation. Yes, we have done several resolutions honoring schools teachers and such but no real meaty bills. On the other hand the Republican controlled senate is moving important legislation and has been diligently doing their work. It is looking now like the senate may have to take 2 to 5 WEEKS off to allow the Democrat controlled house to catch up."
...but is it Democrats slowing down work in the House?
Surely it takes time to determine, say, how to charge $4 million for a Playboy (so that tax on pornography may replace tax on food), or how to issue death certificates for aborted fetuses (absent their names, birthdates, or Social Security numbers), or how to curtail this doggone homosexual agenda in public schools (before it crops up)???
- Herr Huffman-Rhee on TEA (and 'Faux' Parents) (9 replies)
- Volkswagon sides with UAW on appeal - Times Free Press (4 replies)
- Ever thought about opening a franchise store? (1 reply)
- FINAL CALL! Stop the State Power Grab- NO Changes to the Right to Farm Act! (29 replies)
- CCA under federal investigation (7 replies)
- Honey Bees Question (3 replies)
- Daily Show: Third world health care in Knoxville (34 replies)
- Rikki Hall benefit for the Little River Watershed Association (13 replies)
- Keep Knoxville Beautiful: Nominate a location to be beautified (10 replies)
- The 5 National Parks Hardest Hit by the Government Shutdown (3 replies)
- Shoulda got Moxley (92 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (16 replies)