The Rep reports on his blog:
"As you may have noticed the house has not been moving on any serious legislation. Yes, we have done several resolutions honoring schools teachers and such but no real meaty bills. On the other hand the Republican controlled senate is moving important legislation and has been diligently doing their work. It is looking now like the senate may have to take 2 to 5 WEEKS off to allow the Democrat controlled house to catch up."
...but is it Democrats slowing down work in the House?
Surely it takes time to determine, say, how to charge $4 million for a Playboy (so that tax on pornography may replace tax on food), or how to issue death certificates for aborted fetuses (absent their names, birthdates, or Social Security numbers), or how to curtail this doggone homosexual agenda in public schools (before it crops up)???
- KCS fundraising faux pas (4 replies)
- Free market senior services? (6 replies)
- Belated condolences to Jamie Satterfield (7 replies)
- Betty Bean: Emerald Recruitment Ltr Angers Christenberry Faculty (25 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (35 replies)
- Shadowy groups seek to keep virtual schools alive in Tennessee (10 replies)
- Next Stop (35 replies)
- Compare and Contrast Challenge - Voucher Program (7 replies)
- Tennessee ranks in the bottom 10 of worst places to do business (10 replies)
- Knox Co. Democratic Party convention March 28th (3 replies)
- KCS finance director leaving to join Emerald Youth Foundation (4 replies)
- It's getting close to tax time (8 replies)