|Yes, would |
|No, would not |
|Married for the third time||67||30|
|72 years of age||57||42|
Also, here's an interesting post from the TennViews roundup from an Obama supporter in Memphis:
I believe that it is much harder to get a woman elected president today than a person of color, all else being equal. As widespread as racism is, sexism runs even deeper and affects a larger proportion of the electorate.
Compounding the problem: We are much more attuned to racism, and quicker to call it out, than we are to even blatant sexism.
I don't want to further the debate about whether Obama v. Clinton comes down to sexism v. racism, but do you think this poll (which is a year old) truly reflects the biases of American voters? And is 55-40 right that sexism runs deeper and is harder to recognize?
- Bernie is running (35 replies)
- Greenway murder (2 replies)
- Are they really students? (7 replies)
- New MPC Executive Director Named (3 replies)
- Four Dead in Ohio (1 reply)
- TN Legislators obsessed with guns (15 replies)
- RIP Guy Carawan (2 replies)
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover (3 replies)
- My secret Margarita Shrimp recipe (1 reply)
- Hard Knox Independent throws in the towel (6 replies)
- RIP Ben E. King (1 reply)
- Local alternative alternative paper filling in the Blank (26 replies)