8:00 ET... Oklahoma (MSNBC)
8:15 ET... Tennessee (MSNBC)
8:30 ET... Arkansas (MSNBC)
9:00 ET... New York, Massachusetts - so much for the Kennedy endorsement (MSNBC)
9:20 ET... New Jersey - despite the insurgent campaign for Rikki Hall (MSNBC)
Delegate count as of 9 ET: Clinton 447 (CBS)
Taking cover around 10:30... see you on the other side of this supercell.
Crunching a few of the state numbers... Obama won 9 counties of Tennessee's 95 (Davidson, Fayette, Hamilton, Hardeman, Haywood, Madison, Shelby, Van Buren, Williamson).
Some might assert that Obama would have done better if the storms hadn't hit West Tennessee so hard. Well, one: that storm sent Clinton voters home as well. Two: this ignores the fact that Clinton took victories in 66% of the counties in the state. Total of 631,680 votes cast statewide.
Hillary's average margin of victory was something like 50 points (yes, five-zero, you read that right) in counties over west *and* middle *and* east Tennessee - granted, these counties don't have as much population as the ones that Obama carried, but still, they add up. This is the rural/urban divide showing up again, and depending on the demographics of the state involved, this can really cut against your candidate. (The exit polls may highlight some of this. In general, Tennessee's population skews caucasian - certainly more so relative to neighboring states Georgia and Alabama, which Obama carried; certainly more so in rural areas of the state, which Clinton overwhelmingly carried.)
Notable: Montgomery County - home of Fort Campbell - went to Clinton. That may not amount to a referendum on the Iraq issue, but it is certainly interesting. This county also went for HFJ in the general in TN-Senate '06.
- UT vs UF - it's on (10 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday selling Maryville headquarters (4 replies)
- Clinton supporter fear? (16 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds' twitter account suspended (19 replies)
- Clinton, Trump 2016 Presidential Debate - 9/26/2016, 9 PM (6 replies)
- Frank Cagle confused about houseboats (10 replies)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (14 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (2 replies)
- BURCHETT LOADING MPC WITH DEVELOPERS (2 replies)
- Technology breakthrough! (1 reply)
- Broadway near Henley closure planned for 2 1/2 years (4 replies)
- South Knox elected official public forum (3 replies)
- Sep 28 2016 - 12:00pm (3 days 15 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (4 days 20 hours from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (4 days 21 hours from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (2 weeks 2 days from now)