Many communities encourage pet owners to bring their dogs to outdoor cafes. And remember our City Mayor IS on the record as saying he wants to make Knoxville "the dog friendliest city in the country." If you love dogs support this legislation. These details were sent by Jennie Huetal at the dog site
Bill summary -
Municipal Government - Authorizes municipalities having a population of at least 100,000 to establish an ordinance and permitting process that would enable restaurants to allow admittance of patron companion dogs into designated outdoor dining areas. - Amends TCA Title 4, Chapter 3, Part 18 and Title 6, Chapter 54.
The Senate Bill number is SB 2725 and the House Bill number is HB 2807.
(link...) - House
(link...) - Senate
Fiscal Impact link - shows that permitting and compliance will add over
50,000 to state.
- Justice? (53 replies)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (4 replies)
- Developers look to create underground NYC park (1 reply)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (61 replies)
- Audit of KCS capital fund accounting complete (4 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (13 replies)
- Black Friday Walmart protests (2 replies)
- Tre Hargett wants you to know that Tre Hargett is all about Tre Hargett accountability (3 replies)
- Feel good dog story (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (7 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (7 replies)
- Citizenfour at Downtown West (6 replies)