Many communities encourage pet owners to bring their dogs to outdoor cafes. And remember our City Mayor IS on the record as saying he wants to make Knoxville "the dog friendliest city in the country." If you love dogs support this legislation. These details were sent by Jennie Huetal at the dog site
Bill summary -
Municipal Government - Authorizes municipalities having a population of at least 100,000 to establish an ordinance and permitting process that would enable restaurants to allow admittance of patron companion dogs into designated outdoor dining areas. - Amends TCA Title 4, Chapter 3, Part 18 and Title 6, Chapter 54.
The Senate Bill number is SB 2725 and the House Bill number is HB 2807.
(link...) - House
(link...) - Senate
Fiscal Impact link - shows that permitting and compliance will add over
50,000 to state.
- Metro Pulse BOE Endorsements (14 replies)
- Thanks, Jim (2 replies)
- TDOT commissioner: Tennessee facing new taxing method or deteriorating roads (2 replies)
- National Park Week: "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" (4 replies)
- Women’s Representation in Tennessee (1 reply)
- Everything you wanted to know about Compact Fluorescent Bulbs, including the mercury problem (47 replies)
- First woman to fly around the world solo forgotten. (3 replies)
- Tips for local live musicians (15 replies)
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (5 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (7 replies)
- Oh National Democrats wherefore art thou? (10 replies)
- Remembering Black Wednesday (17 replies)