Many communities encourage pet owners to bring their dogs to outdoor cafes. And remember our City Mayor IS on the record as saying he wants to make Knoxville "the dog friendliest city in the country." If you love dogs support this legislation. These details were sent by Jennie Huetal at the dog site
Bill summary -
Municipal Government - Authorizes municipalities having a population of at least 100,000 to establish an ordinance and permitting process that would enable restaurants to allow admittance of patron companion dogs into designated outdoor dining areas. - Amends TCA Title 4, Chapter 3, Part 18 and Title 6, Chapter 54.
The Senate Bill number is SB 2725 and the House Bill number is HB 2807.
(link...) - House
(link...) - Senate
Fiscal Impact link - shows that permitting and compliance will add over
50,000 to state.
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (40 replies)
- Interesting approaches to touring a city (2 replies)
- ITT Tech stops all student enrollment (3 replies)
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (59 replies)
- How to Transform a Waterfront (1 reply)
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (17 replies)
- 170 schools to take part in Tenn.’s first ‘Student Mock Election’ (2 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Sep 8 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 22 hours from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (5 weeks 5 days from now)