When the discussion turned to the issue of county employees serving on County Commission, Commissioner Mark Harmon proposed letting the people decide or failing that a common sense approach regarding commissioners voting on their own salaries and operations.
Commissioner Lumpy Lamber apparently disagrees:
That’s when Lambert yelled at Harmon, "How does that arrogant little university twit sit up there and make decisions?" Harmon is a University of Tennessee journalism professor.
That is some unbelievably rude and uncivil behavior for an elected public official. And I don't even know what it means. This stuff isn't even funny any more. It's just pathetic and embarrassing.
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (17 replies)
- 170 schools to take part in Tenn.’s first ‘Student Mock Election’ (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (58 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Obamacare accountable care programs rang up $466 million in Medicare savings last year (2 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (37 replies)
- Rolling Stone: Hillary's New Deal (7 replies)
- Cheat sheet on why to vote for the Democratic candidate (1 reply)
- Mass shooting in Orlando (17 replies)