Tramel and Cate are just two examples of the old order of Knox County politics, the old order that has been such an embarrassment to our county this past year and is trying to maintain its power.
Both are running in a crowded primary field on Feb. 5 and are no doubt hoping voters will forget the day of Jan. 31.
But this history teacher is hoping that voters remember certain dates in recent Knox County history.
Read the whole thing to find out why.
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (30 replies)
- Buoyed By Anti-Trump Activism, Democrat Wins Delaware Special Election (1 reply)
- Former Nashville Mayor Karl Dean to run for governor of Tennessee (1 reply)
- Duncan-Massey fundraiser raises eyebrows (33 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (3 replies)
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores (2 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (6 replies)
- I'd vote for her (1 reply)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (10 replies)
- Anger erupts at Republican town halls (8 replies)
- Epic troll (1 reply)
- White House blocks news organizations from press briefing (6 replies)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (16 hours 45 min from now)
- Mar 4 2017 - 11:00am (5 days 8 hours from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Mar 14 2017 - 7:30pm (2 weeks 1 day from now)