Tramel and Cate are just two examples of the old order of Knox County politics, the old order that has been such an embarrassment to our county this past year and is trying to maintain its power.
Both are running in a crowded primary field on Feb. 5 and are no doubt hoping voters will forget the day of Jan. 31.
But this history teacher is hoping that voters remember certain dates in recent Knox County history.
Read the whole thing to find out why.
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (35 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (18 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (39 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (1 reply)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (8 replies)
- The banality of evil (5 replies)
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (1 reply)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (76 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (16 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (17 replies)
- don't forget, it's hanukah (5 replies)