Tramel and Cate are just two examples of the old order of Knox County politics, the old order that has been such an embarrassment to our county this past year and is trying to maintain its power.
Both are running in a crowded primary field on Feb. 5 and are no doubt hoping voters will forget the day of Jan. 31.
But this history teacher is hoping that voters remember certain dates in recent Knox County history.
Read the whole thing to find out why.
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (2 replies)
- New Traffic Radar Gun Will Detect When Drivers Are Texting (7 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (48 replies)
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (2 replies)
- Gordon Ball earns an 'F' from NRA (3 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (38 replies)
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day (2 replies)
- For theater/re lovers (1 reply)
- Redefining Scrooge (8 replies)
- High profile investor: Charter schools are a business (8 replies)
- ISIS (143 replies)
- Tennessee unemployment, poverty rates increase (1 reply)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (1 day 8 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (2 days 10 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (2 days 10 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 9 hours from now)