Tramel and Cate are just two examples of the old order of Knox County politics, the old order that has been such an embarrassment to our county this past year and is trying to maintain its power.
Both are running in a crowded primary field on Feb. 5 and are no doubt hoping voters will forget the day of Jan. 31.
But this history teacher is hoping that voters remember certain dates in recent Knox County history.
Read the whole thing to find out why.
- FIX THIS NOW (7 replies)
- Jimmy Haslam's house on the market for $4.9 million (12 replies)
- Attn: Ted Cruz (1 reply)
- Guns in parks passes Senate (10 replies)
- Next month: Massive support as TN joins three other states in SCOTUS challenge to gay marriage bans (2 replies)
- Insure Tennessee killed. Again. (16 replies)
- Scripps out of the newspaper business as of today (1 reply)
- Electioneering Time! (Or April Fool's prank?) (9 replies)
- Tonight! Iron Jawed Angels (2 replies)
- Stambaugh family displaced by home fire (5 replies)
- It's official: U.T. names Rick Barnes as new basketball coach (6 replies)
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (14 replies)