Tramel and Cate are just two examples of the old order of Knox County politics, the old order that has been such an embarrassment to our county this past year and is trying to maintain its power.
Both are running in a crowded primary field on Feb. 5 and are no doubt hoping voters will forget the day of Jan. 31.
But this history teacher is hoping that voters remember certain dates in recent Knox County history.
Read the whole thing to find out why.
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (52 replies)
- National walk to school day (6 replies)
- CBO: Budget deficit smallest since 2007 (7 replies)
- State Board of Ed poised to approve six new charters over Nashville BOE objections (3 replies)
- Now what? (1 reply)
- Just when you thought KNS couldn't suck any worse... (11 replies)
- Sanity prevails, at least temporarily, in Blount Co. (10 replies)
- Breakthrough: Artificial "leaf" imitates photosynthesis to generate power from sunlight (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (68 replies)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (2 replies)
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (8 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (5 replies)
- Oct 13 2015 - 7:30pm (5 days 1 hour from now)
- Oct 13 2015 - 8:00pm (5 days 1 hour from now)