Tramel and Cate are just two examples of the old order of Knox County politics, the old order that has been such an embarrassment to our county this past year and is trying to maintain its power.
Both are running in a crowded primary field on Feb. 5 and are no doubt hoping voters will forget the day of Jan. 31.
But this history teacher is hoping that voters remember certain dates in recent Knox County history.
Read the whole thing to find out why.
- Early voting update: Where are all the Democrats? (2 replies)
- Oh no! Say it ain't so Fresh Market (13 replies)
- Pilot update (17 replies)
- Maybe the dog ate his diploma? (4 replies)
- Delegate counts (10 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (6 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (11 replies)
- Bernaroo (1 reply)
- Bernie Sanders raises $6.4 million in first 24 hours after NH polls close (2 replies)
- What's up at South-Doyle High School? (5 replies)
- Vouchers back in the House today... Update: bill tabled, no vouchers (1 reply)
- Sears closing more stores (8 replies)