I salute Fred Thompson for one thing and one thing only. He managed to waste millions of dollars from Tennessee Republican donors on an idiotic campaign. I don't know how many millions the TNGOP bigwigs wasted on Old Freddie but it sure wasn't money well spent. It isn't just that Fred Thompson lost. It's how he lost, putting virtually no effort into the contest.
So do the arch-conservative Fredheads get behind John McCain now? We all know Fred himself has a close relationship with McCain, but the same cannot be said for Fred's supporters. Do they gravitate to Romney as the establishment conservative and business choice? Do they go with the Huckster from across the river? Or do they suddenly forget all the mean and nasty things they said about John McCain over the years?
- Metro Pulse BOE Endorsements (11 replies)
- Thanks, Jim (2 replies)
- TDOT commissioner: Tennessee facing new taxing method or deteriorating roads (2 replies)
- National Park Week: "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people" (4 replies)
- Women’s Representation in Tennessee (1 reply)
- Everything you wanted to know about Compact Fluorescent Bulbs, including the mercury problem (47 replies)
- First woman to fly around the world solo forgotten. (3 replies)
- Tips for local live musicians (15 replies)
- One last questionnaire for school board candidates (which I didn't answer) (5 replies)
- KUB having trouble with broken water mains (7 replies)
- Oh National Democrats wherefore art thou? (10 replies)
- Remembering Black Wednesday (17 replies)