The latest Knox County Democrats Newsletter notes several items of interest:
• The Knox County Democratic Party is now accepting online donations at their website . Donations of even $10 or $20 can help Knox County Democrats win some local races in this important election year.
• Hillary Clinton campaign staff from Nashville will be in Knoxville this week through the end of the campaign. To volunteer or request yard signs, contact email@example.com.
• The Barack Obama campaign needs volunteers locally and for canvassing trips to South Carolina.
There's a training session for canvassers scheduled for today, 1/19, 7:00 PM at the Cansler YMCA, 616 Jessamine Street in Knoxville. (Ed. note 6:15 PM: postponed.) See the newsletter for more Obama events and volunteer opportunities.
• The John Edwards campaign is having an organizational meeting at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 20, 2008 at the UNITE HERE! Building at 1124 N. Broadway Street, Knoxville, Tennessee 37917. Contact Don Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Truman Day 2008 is May 15th, and will feature James Carville as the keynote speaker.
- A New Low (9 replies)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (5 replies)
- Bitter Victor Ashe (19 replies)
- Apollo photo archive (1 reply)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (4 replies)
- Guilty pleasures: Janet Jackson's Unbreakable (2 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (9 replies)
- Happy Halloween! (30 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (1 reply)
- School shooting in Oregon (16 replies)
- Mayor Rogero announces Jackie Clay promotion and Indya Kincannon appointment (2 replies)
- Keith Richards: "I'm not getting old, I'm evolving" (1 reply)