The latest Knox County Democrats Newsletter notes several items of interest:
• The Knox County Democratic Party is now accepting online donations at their website . Donations of even $10 or $20 can help Knox County Democrats win some local races in this important election year.
• Hillary Clinton campaign staff from Nashville will be in Knoxville this week through the end of the campaign. To volunteer or request yard signs, contact email@example.com.
• The Barack Obama campaign needs volunteers locally and for canvassing trips to South Carolina.
There's a training session for canvassers scheduled for today, 1/19, 7:00 PM at the Cansler YMCA, 616 Jessamine Street in Knoxville. (Ed. note 6:15 PM: postponed.) See the newsletter for more Obama events and volunteer opportunities.
• The John Edwards campaign is having an organizational meeting at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 20, 2008 at the UNITE HERE! Building at 1124 N. Broadway Street, Knoxville, Tennessee 37917. Contact Don Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Truman Day 2008 is May 15th, and will feature James Carville as the keynote speaker.
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (3 replies)
- Funny letter to the editor (11 replies)
- Concert performances you have experienced (and can remember) (55 replies)
- school board meeting underway (102 replies)
- Toxic chemicals from train incident suspected in Culton Creek fish kill (11 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. project: There's an app for that (37 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (33 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (9 replies)
- Celebrating with a Strawberry Cobbler (2 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (48 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)