The latest Knox County Democrats Newsletter notes several items of interest:
• The Knox County Democratic Party is now accepting online donations at their website . Donations of even $10 or $20 can help Knox County Democrats win some local races in this important election year.
• Hillary Clinton campaign staff from Nashville will be in Knoxville this week through the end of the campaign. To volunteer or request yard signs, contact email@example.com.
• The Barack Obama campaign needs volunteers locally and for canvassing trips to South Carolina.
There's a training session for canvassers scheduled for today, 1/19, 7:00 PM at the Cansler YMCA, 616 Jessamine Street in Knoxville. (Ed. note 6:15 PM: postponed.) See the newsletter for more Obama events and volunteer opportunities.
• The John Edwards campaign is having an organizational meeting at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 20, 2008 at the UNITE HERE! Building at 1124 N. Broadway Street, Knoxville, Tennessee 37917. Contact Don Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Truman Day 2008 is May 15th, and will feature James Carville as the keynote speaker.
- RIP Leonard Nimoy (5 replies)
- Led Zeppelin update (3 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (29 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (27 replies)
- Here we go again (22 replies)
- Nashville schools audit assesses impact of charter schools (4 replies)
- NAAWP? Seriously? (10 replies)
- FCC will enforce net neutrality (1 reply)
- Glenn Reynolds: Libertarian Fascist? (55 replies)
- Is there an exhaustive list of Knoxville breweries? (1 reply)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (3 replies)
- Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill (11 replies)