The latest Knox County Democrats Newsletter notes several items of interest:
• The Knox County Democratic Party is now accepting online donations at their website . Donations of even $10 or $20 can help Knox County Democrats win some local races in this important election year.
• Hillary Clinton campaign staff from Nashville will be in Knoxville this week through the end of the campaign. To volunteer or request yard signs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Barack Obama campaign needs volunteers locally and for canvassing trips to South Carolina.
There's a training session for canvassers scheduled for today, 1/19, 7:00 PM at the Cansler YMCA, 616 Jessamine Street in Knoxville. (Ed. note 6:15 PM: postponed.) See the newsletter for more Obama events and volunteer opportunities.
• The John Edwards campaign is having an organizational meeting at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 20, 2008 at the UNITE HERE! Building at 1124 N. Broadway Street, Knoxville, Tennessee 37917. Contact Don Daugherty at email@example.com.
• Truman Day 2008 is May 15th, and will feature James Carville as the keynote speaker.
- Blurring the Racial Lines (31 replies)
- NYT Calls for prosecution of Cheney et al for torture in today's editorial (1 reply)
- DG tissues: what you see (3 replies)
- KnoxViews 2014 year in review (4 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (19 replies)
- The banality of evil (6 replies)
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (6 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (2 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (52 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (42 replies)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (8 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)