With over a third of ballots presently counted, Fred Thompson is 2nd to last in the NH primary behind Ron Paul.
Now, if you "google Ron Paul" as the spray-painted signs are so fond of saying, you may find this little trove, linking to writings such as this:
I'll believe establishment liberals are really committed to free speech when I see Norman Mailer and his cohorts wearing "I am Ernst Zundel" buttons and holding readings of his works.
(Zundel is a well-known Holocaust denier.)
On the growth of militias:
This radical new movement is a magnificent sign of the times, one of many indications that the central state faces massive resistance from average people and is losing its grip on political power ... It's the domination of Washington that is driving the militia and other heroic movements around the country.
"If you have to use a gun on a youth, you should leave the scene immediately, disposing of the wiped off gun as soon as possible. Such a gun cannot, of course, be registered to you, but one bought privately (through the classifieds, for example)."
On homosexuality and AIDS:
I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities ... AIDS was originally called GRIDS - the Gay Related Immune Deficiency Syndrome. Political pressure forced a name change to try to hid the origin of this plague.
On race relations:
A mob of black demonstrators, led by the "Rev." Al Sharpton, occupied and closed the Statue of Liberty recently, demanding that New York be renamed Martin Luther King City "to reclaim it for our people."
Hmmm. I hate to agree with the Rev. Al, but maybe a name change is in order. Welfaria? Zooville? Rapetown? Dirtburg? Lazyopolis?
But Al, the Statue of Liberty? Next time, hold that demonstration at a food stamp bureau or a crack house.
Boy, good luck in the NY primary. Google is forever, "Doctor."
Yes, please. Google Ron Paul. Google away...
It speaks volumes that the hapless Thompson can't put up even a one-point victory on this lunatic...
ETA: Yes, many of these writings are unattributed - but they do appear in a newsletter bearing Ron Paul's name. As ever, plausible deniability ---> improbable deniability as stuff like this keeps cropping up.
- Cagle: Tough times ahead for Haslsm (2 replies)
- Interesting background on new Attorney General (24 replies)
- High profile investor: Charter schools are a business (5 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (32 replies)
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (1 reply)
- Most educated town in every state (1 reply)
- Urban Outfitters, Kent State sweatshirt - what were they thinking? (10 replies)
- City of Alcoa-Sam's Club first step in New Urbanism? (6 replies)
- Gordon Ball kicks off statewide U.S. Senate campaign in East TN (3 replies)
- KnoxViews exclusive: U.S. Senate candidate Gordon Ball on the issues (22 replies)
- Social Security garnished for student loan debt (36 replies)
- TN Supreme Court names new Attorney General (9 replies)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (5 days 6 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (5 days 7 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (1 week 6 hours from now)