With over a third of ballots presently counted, Fred Thompson is 2nd to last in the NH primary behind Ron Paul.
Now, if you "google Ron Paul" as the spray-painted signs are so fond of saying, you may find this little trove, linking to writings such as this:
I'll believe establishment liberals are really committed to free speech when I see Norman Mailer and his cohorts wearing "I am Ernst Zundel" buttons and holding readings of his works.
(Zundel is a well-known Holocaust denier.)
On the growth of militias:
This radical new movement is a magnificent sign of the times, one of many indications that the central state faces massive resistance from average people and is losing its grip on political power ... It's the domination of Washington that is driving the militia and other heroic movements around the country.
"If you have to use a gun on a youth, you should leave the scene immediately, disposing of the wiped off gun as soon as possible. Such a gun cannot, of course, be registered to you, but one bought privately (through the classifieds, for example)."
On homosexuality and AIDS:
I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities ... AIDS was originally called GRIDS - the Gay Related Immune Deficiency Syndrome. Political pressure forced a name change to try to hid the origin of this plague.
On race relations:
A mob of black demonstrators, led by the "Rev." Al Sharpton, occupied and closed the Statue of Liberty recently, demanding that New York be renamed Martin Luther King City "to reclaim it for our people."
Hmmm. I hate to agree with the Rev. Al, but maybe a name change is in order. Welfaria? Zooville? Rapetown? Dirtburg? Lazyopolis?
But Al, the Statue of Liberty? Next time, hold that demonstration at a food stamp bureau or a crack house.
Boy, good luck in the NY primary. Google is forever, "Doctor."
Yes, please. Google Ron Paul. Google away...
It speaks volumes that the hapless Thompson can't put up even a one-point victory on this lunatic...
ETA: Yes, many of these writings are unattributed - but they do appear in a newsletter bearing Ron Paul's name. As ever, plausible deniability ---> improbable deniability as stuff like this keeps cropping up.
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (16 replies)
- 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 today (2 replies)
- For You and Me (1 reply)
- Trump uniting the GOP? (8 replies)
- Help a deserving Fulton High student go to Australia (2 replies)
- Payday lenders racking up in Tennessee (3 replies)
- A Record for False Statements in KNS reply (3 replies)
- Air bag recall expanded to millions more cars (6 replies)
- Sanders wins Oregon, splits Kentucky with Clinton (3 replies)
- UAW endorses Hillary Clinton (1 reply)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (4 replies)
- Vacation snapshots (4 replies)