The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (5 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (50 replies)
- New Traffic Radar Gun Will Detect When Drivers Are Texting (12 replies)
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (2 replies)
- Gordon Ball earns an 'F' from NRA (3 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (38 replies)
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day (2 replies)
- For theater/re lovers (1 reply)
- Redefining Scrooge (8 replies)
- High profile investor: Charter schools are a business (8 replies)
- ISIS (143 replies)
- Tennessee unemployment, poverty rates increase (1 reply)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (1 day 3 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (2 days 5 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (2 days 6 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (4 days 5 hours from now)