The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Iindependent Lens file: A Path Appears (1 reply)
- Rape trial for former Vandy football players (22 replies)
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (7 replies)
- Mayor Rogero responds to News Sentinel allegation of sunshine violation (10 replies)
- East Coast historic blizzard? (5 replies)
- US Deficit to lowest level since 2007 (2 replies)
- Knox Co. suing Mike Lowe? (1 reply)
- Snowing here (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (8 replies)
- Josh Flory leaving KNS (12 replies)
- Obama wants community college to be free (68 replies)
- KNS Friday liberal column changeup (5 replies)
- Jan 27 2015 - 5:30pm (3 hours 34 min from now)
- Jan 27 2015 - 6:00pm (4 hours 4 min from now)
- Jan 27 2015 - 6:15pm (4 hours 19 min from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 6:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Feb 7 2015 - 4:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)