The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Tennessee Congressional Candidate Charged With Plot to Burn N.Y. Mosque (2 replies)
- It's a dark, sad day in Knoxville's journalism community (3 replies)
- Downtown teen curfew in Knoxville? (4 replies)
- Toxic chemicals from train incident suspected in Culton Creek fish kill (16 replies)
- Suttree Landing Park groundbreaking (3 replies)
- Greek humor (1 reply)
- Funny letter to the editor (12 replies)
- Concert performances you have experienced (and can remember) (55 replies)
- school board meeting underway (102 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. project: There's an app for that (37 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (33 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (9 replies)