The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (14 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (4 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (6 replies)
- RIP Retired KSO Violinist and WUOT Program Director Norris Dyer (5 replies)
- Vote no on Amendment 1, skip vote for governor (or maybe not?) (75 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (86 replies)
- The Closing Days of 2014 Election (2 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (2 replies)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- ISIS (144 replies)
- The Best #Democracy Money Can Buy? (16 replies)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (2 days 7 hours from now)
- Nov 4 2014 - 8:00pm (4 days 12 hours from now)