The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Well, this is awkward (24 replies)
- The new standard for Knox Co. Schools? (3 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (82 replies)
- What's The Strategy for Fighting Amendment One? (11 replies)
- Briggs misleads, comes across as a bully (20 replies)
- Shopper-News online (3 replies)
- Briggs and Military Uniform policy (5 replies)
- Knox County 2014 State Primary and County General Election Sample Ballot (3 replies)
- The Oldest Bar In Every State (14 replies)
- Geek tip for Klipsch owners: Bob Crites (3 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (7 replies)
- Business Buzzword Bingo, 1962. (3 replies)
- Oct 2 2014 - 6:00pm (1 day 5 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (4 days 1 hour from now)
- Oct 6 2014 - 6:15pm (5 days 5 hours from now)