The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (30 replies)
- Buoyed By Anti-Trump Activism, Democrat Wins Delaware Special Election (1 reply)
- Former Nashville Mayor Karl Dean to run for governor of Tennessee (1 reply)
- Duncan-Massey fundraiser raises eyebrows (33 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (3 replies)
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores (2 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (6 replies)
- I'd vote for her (1 reply)
- a small but notable defeat for privatization (10 replies)
- Anger erupts at Republican town halls (8 replies)
- Epic troll (1 reply)
- White House blocks news organizations from press briefing (6 replies)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (16 hours 32 min from now)
- Mar 4 2017 - 11:00am (5 days 8 hours from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Mar 14 2017 - 7:30pm (2 weeks 1 day from now)