The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- 50th anniversary of Medicare (1 reply)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (12 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (109 replies)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (9 replies)
- Arnett comes out of hiding (39 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (46 replies)
- Proposed ozone rules grab East Tennessee mayors' attention (6 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (8 replies)
- Kroger Seasoning Recall includes Knoxville Area (2 replies)
- Blue Hair for Bernie - Canceled (1 reply)
- Marines to volunteer armed guards: Thanks but no thanks (6 replies)
- Trump: John McCain is no war hero, plus he's a loser (20 replies)