The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- What century is this again? (68 replies)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (8 replies)
- Walmart fired 2,200 to fix the plumbing (1 reply)
- Cumberland Ave. Redesign Detour/Closure (157 replies)
- N&W Class J No. 611 to Make Inaugural Run (2 replies)
- A word before you rush out to buy those plants.... (11 replies)
- "what gives liberals a bad name" (21 replies)
- Allergies are kicking my butt this spring (12 replies)
- DTV hosts Dr. Bob Kronick on the subject of community schools tonight. (5 replies)
- L.A. wants their school iPad money back (6 replies)
- Last ditch appeal to resurrect Insure Tennessee Medicaid expansion (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (27 replies)