The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- ISIS (92 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (24 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (21 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (31 replies)
- Bill Ailor sued in Circuit Court (7 replies)
- Remedial civics needed in J-school? (7 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (5 replies)
- GOP governors expanding Medicaid (2 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (44 replies)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (65 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (3 replies)
- He lost me at "one-time cost" (18 replies)