The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Black Friday Walmart protests (3 replies)
- Justice? (59 replies)
- Happy Thanksgiving! (7 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (14 replies)
- Developers look to create underground NYC park (2 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (62 replies)
- Audit of KCS capital fund accounting complete (4 replies)
- Tre Hargett wants you to know that Tre Hargett is all about Tre Hargett accountability (3 replies)
- Feel good dog story (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (7 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (7 replies)
- Citizenfour at Downtown West (6 replies)