The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (21 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (22 replies)
- FCC will enforce net neutrality (1 reply)
- NAAWP? Seriously? (9 replies)
- Glenn Reynolds: Libertarian Fascist? (55 replies)
- Is there an exhaustive list of Knoxville breweries? (1 reply)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (3 replies)
- Here we go again (19 replies)
- Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill (11 replies)
- Tennessee considers for-profit public benefit corporate entities (50 replies)
- Tennessee Republican offers bill to nullify Farragut's town charter (10 replies)
- Check on your family and friends (2 replies)