The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Clinton campaign faltering (14 replies)
- Knoxville could test self-driving cars (21 replies)
- "I waited 96 Years!" (1 reply)
- Gannett/Tennessean, more layoffs. Knoxville layoffs next? (20 replies)
- Why are some progressives, liberals, Democratic voters considering Gary Johnson? (22 replies)
- Brandi Price on next Inside Tennessee Sunday morning (2 replies)
- Some South Knoxville history (23 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (72 replies)
- Congratulations to Mike Knapp (7 replies)
- Eddie Smith Getting Desperate (1 reply)
- Maybe Trump isn't a total liar? (1 reply)
- Why Eddie? (4 replies)