The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Tonight! Iron Jawed Angels (1 reply)
- Insure Tennessee killed. Again. (7 replies)
- Electioneering Time! (Or April Fool's prank?) (6 replies)
- Jimmy Haslam's house on the market for $4.9 million (10 replies)
- Stambaugh family displaced by home fire (5 replies)
- It's official: U.T. names Rick Barnes as new basketball coach (6 replies)
- FIX THIS NOW (5 replies)
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (14 replies)
- Big Ears is here (32 replies)
- Senate passes vouchers, House passes guns in parks (11 replies)
- Being Poor Affects Kids' Brains, Study Finds (13 replies)
- This should be interesting (5 replies)