The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Petition for a Better Dollar General on Washington Pike (13 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (9 replies)
- Bernie Sanders raises $5.6 million in first 21 hours after NH polls close (1 reply)
- Sears closing more stores (5 replies)
- U.S. national parks get star treatment in new IMAX film (3 replies)
- Who is the TNReady testing vendor? (1 reply)
- TNReady: Another outsourcing fail (11 replies)
- Thinking Big (1 reply)
- Pilot update (11 replies)
- Super Bowl halftime shows - What a difference 36 years makes (2 replies)
- Candidate Campaign Financial Disclosures are posted for contested BOE seats (11 replies)
- House defers vouchers (2 replies)