The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Traffic cameras and the Constitution (3 replies)
- Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) on secularists (7 replies)
- South Waterfront area coffee shop opens (4 replies)
- Some Inauguration Day tips... (1 reply)
- Trump's Cabinet (62 replies)
- Roger Kane Insists our Legislature is Incredibly Diverse (3 replies)
- Buzzfeed - Reports Allege Trump Has Deep Ties To Russia (12 replies)
- Does Trump know nothing about our land? (1 reply)
- Jim Acosta (5 replies)
- asheville (4 replies)
- Haslam to outsource operation of U.T. and other university facilities (64 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (10 replies)