The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Blurring the Racial Lines (28 replies)
- DG tissues: what you see (3 replies)
- KnoxViews 2014 year in review (4 replies)
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (19 replies)
- The banality of evil (6 replies)
- Autism Risk Linked to Particulate Air Pollution (6 replies)
- NLRB issues complaints since McDonald's qualifies as joint employer (2 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (52 replies)
- Happy birthday to the Mr. (42 replies)
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (8 replies)
- Circle Modern Dance Primitive Light (2 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (76 replies)