The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Christenberry House comes down (8 replies)
- Home cookin' (24 replies)
- Knox County Schools balanced calendar survey controversy (50 replies)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (4 replies)
- Garden coming in (1 reply)
- State offering voluntary employee buyouts (3 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (39 replies)
- Tennessee offers rebates for electric cars and PHEVs (7 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (23 replies)
- Hello, Nashville? Anybody Home? (5 replies)
- Mark Harmon on American Exceptionalism (4 replies)
- The best states for bicycling (13 replies)