The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Lottery: it's all about the students (9 replies)
- Happy Anniversary to the Mrs. (7 replies)
- Kaiser foundation on coverage gap (2 replies)
- Survey: Perceptions of South Knoxville (4 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (97 replies)
- RIP Tom Laughlin, 'Billy Jack' (5 replies)
- Haslam's lack of leadership on health care hurts state's most vulnerable (19 replies)
- Shopper update (9 replies)
- Encouraging local health insurance story (1 reply)
- RIP Joan Fontaine (2 replies)
- School board votes to extend McIntyre contract (115 replies)
- Vinyl (53 replies)