The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- The gun debate, face to face (64 replies)
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (2 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (15 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (2 replies)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (62 replies)
- Knox area financial counseling resources for the poor? (8 replies)
- Democrats staging sit-in on House floor (42 replies)
- Happy Pollinators Week! Please, take action (3 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (16 replies)
- "Make America White Again" (4 replies)
- DOJ: 301 defendants charged in $900 million Medicare/Medicaid fraud bust (2 replies)
- City Council workshop on payday lending zoning ordinance (1 reply)