The workers say their paychecks are two weeks late. The company responds they will pay the workers next week (now Jan 2.).
Later, a manager did call 6 News back and said the company promised to pay the workers no later than next Wednesday.
Employers really should not do this to their employees, contractors, etc. Back in August, 2006, they said, "Estimated at more than $30 million, the property has already sold half of its 122 units and is being touted as the cornerstone of change for South Knoxville. "
I hope this is not the foundation of what is to come for the SoKno waterfront.
Unsightly water towers, unpaid workers. What next?
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (12 replies)
- Trump uniting the GOP? (2 replies)
- Sanders wins Oregon, splits Kentucky with Clinton (3 replies)
- UAW endorses Hillary Clinton (1 reply)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (4 replies)
- Help a deserving Fulton High student go to Australia (1 reply)
- Vacation snapshots (4 replies)
- Some South Knoxville businesses forced to move as rent increases (8 replies)
- Tennessee's new prison stops taking inmates (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (39 replies)
- Hot fun in the Summertime (4 replies)
- Prospects for county mayor (16 replies)