Today's Wall Street Journal has a convincing editorial on the Fair Tax concept:
The only arguments which I have heard against the concept is that it is very regressive and harmful to those at the lowest rungs of society's economic ladder but the referenced article discusses the idea of "pre-bate" to protect the neediest.
So what are the pragmatic, rather than the ideological, arguments against the concept of the "fair tax"?
- Why Eddie? (1 reply)
- Gannett/Tennessean, more layoffs. Knoxville layoffs next? (7 replies)
- Knoxville could test self-driving cars (7 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part I (3 replies)
- Investigative Report on Rick Staples Part II (3 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (70 replies)
- Water enforcement dropped in business-friendly Haslam administration (5 replies)
- Hate is learned at home... (1 reply)
- Clinton campaign faltering (7 replies)
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (8 replies)
- WBIR Inside Tennessee - Democratic candidate Gloria Johnson (3 replies)
- Bald Eagle on French Broad (5 replies)