Today's Wall Street Journal has a convincing editorial on the Fair Tax concept:
The only arguments which I have heard against the concept is that it is very regressive and harmful to those at the lowest rungs of society's economic ladder but the referenced article discusses the idea of "pre-bate" to protect the neediest.
So what are the pragmatic, rather than the ideological, arguments against the concept of the "fair tax"?
- Hot fun in the Summertime (2 replies)
- What are Democrats fighting about? (22 replies)
- Prospects for county mayor (15 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (38 replies)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (3 replies)
- Carie Wade Gervin lands at the Scene (6 replies)
- Andrew Johnson and historical guests (1 reply)
- TNGOP nuts win: UT will no longer promote diversity (1 reply)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (60 replies)
- Knoxville mayor appoints three new MPC members (7 replies)
- Germany's renewable energy (14 replies)
- Wireless Smart Meters Coming Summer 2016 brought to you by KUB (4 replies)