The new energy bill that raises auto fuel efficiency standards for the first time in more than 30 years was sent to the White House for signature by way of a Toyota Prius.
Some (including the Mrs.) said they should have used an American made Ford Escape Hybrid. Hah. Try to buy one.
And, as the article notes, the Prius and the Honda Civic Hybrid are the only cars currently sold in America that meet the bill's new mileage standards which go into effect in 2020.
- Delegate counts (16 replies)
- Sorry, you'll need a note from your wife for that (2 replies)
- DNC rolls back Obama ban on contributions from federal lobbyists (5 replies)
- Early voting update: Where are all the Democrats? (4 replies)
- Nate Silver forecasts 50/50 chance that either Dem wins in Nevada (6 replies)
- Maybe the dog ate his diploma? (7 replies)
- Pilot update (20 replies)
- Oh no! Say it ain't so Fresh Market (22 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (6 replies)
- UT target of "sweeping" sexual assault lawsuit (11 replies)
- Bernaroo (1 reply)
- Bernie Sanders raises $6.4 million in first 24 hours after NH polls close (2 replies)