The new energy bill that raises auto fuel efficiency standards for the first time in more than 30 years was sent to the White House for signature by way of a Toyota Prius.
Some (including the Mrs.) said they should have used an American made Ford Escape Hybrid. Hah. Try to buy one.
And, as the article notes, the Prius and the Honda Civic Hybrid are the only cars currently sold in America that meet the bill's new mileage standards which go into effect in 2020.
- Grainger County 'maters (5 replies)
- Buzz Aldrin's Apollo 11 travel voucher (1 reply)
- Ijams rope course death (14 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (48 replies)
- Windows 10 doesn't suck (8 replies)
- HOV Lanes - ILEVs (4 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (13 replies)
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (9 replies)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (13 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (112 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (5 replies)
- 50th anniversary of Medicare (1 reply)