The new energy bill that raises auto fuel efficiency standards for the first time in more than 30 years was sent to the White House for signature by way of a Toyota Prius.
Some (including the Mrs.) said they should have used an American made Ford Escape Hybrid. Hah. Try to buy one.
And, as the article notes, the Prius and the Honda Civic Hybrid are the only cars currently sold in America that meet the bill's new mileage standards which go into effect in 2020.
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision (1 reply)
- Tivo deal alert (2 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (6 replies)
- so this is it ... (1 reply)
- City Council candidate forum (5 replies)
- EPA fines Rep. Andy Hold for illegal hog waste dumping (5 replies)
- Praise the Lord and pass the legislation! (32 replies)
- Redesign of Public Space at Riverwalk (22 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (5 replies)
- Court: City Council must vote on Pryor Brown surface parking lot (13 replies)
- U.S. tax cuts don't pay for themselves -Republican-appointed official says (3 replies)
- Haslam to outsource operation of U.T. and other university facilities (58 replies)