I went shopping today for a carafe to keep coffee warm. In the department store, I looked around and couldn't find said carafe or a clerk to ask for assistance. I browsed while waiting for a clerk to become free.
While looking over a beautiful menorah, a clerk called out to me, "Can I help you?" I told her I was actually looking for a carafe. She told me, "All of the religious items are in that area".
What? I held my laughter. A carafe isn't religious, I explained, it's a container that holds coffee to keep it warm. Oh, they don't have those, she says.
I think menorahs must shake people up. I asked about a menorah in Blount County a year or so ago. At least the clerk knew what it was. She told me she doubted I would find one in Blount County.
- What's at stake with Amendment One (13 replies)
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (304 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- A Great Response to a False and Deceptive Ad (16 replies)
- Here's a fun way to explain our State Senate Race (7 replies)
- Town Hall Forum (1 reply)
- International Baccalaureate (8 replies)
- ISIS+ (10 replies)
- We're calling a personal foul on Gloria Johnson's opponent (18 replies)
- Burlington is back (10 replies)
- Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings (8 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (3 days 11 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (3 days 11 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (5 days 12 hours from now)