I went shopping today for a carafe to keep coffee warm. In the department store, I looked around and couldn't find said carafe or a clerk to ask for assistance. I browsed while waiting for a clerk to become free.
While looking over a beautiful menorah, a clerk called out to me, "Can I help you?" I told her I was actually looking for a carafe. She told me, "All of the religious items are in that area".
What? I held my laughter. A carafe isn't religious, I explained, it's a container that holds coffee to keep it warm. Oh, they don't have those, she says.
I think menorahs must shake people up. I asked about a menorah in Blount County a year or so ago. At least the clerk knew what it was. She told me she doubted I would find one in Blount County.
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- LWV local news media forum (4 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Trump's NatSec advisor Michael Flynn resigns (20 replies)
- NYT - Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence (7 replies)
- No ACA exchange options in Knox area after this year? (9 replies)
- Like A Ghoul Pool For A Nation (13 replies)
- Trump Takes Aim At Dodd-Frank, Investor Protections Rule In Executive Action (1 reply)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (3 days 4 hours from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (4 days 10 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)