Did anyone see today's editorial from the News-Sentinel about the committee's recommendation to gut the sunshine law? I'd agree that the law does need some clarification as to deliberation vs. discussion, but to say that the solution is to allow up to a quorum to discuss, deliberate, lobby or whatever else is just wrong. This would mean that 9 commissioners could legally get together privately, without any press notification and totally outside the public's view, and decide how to vote on an issue! I can't believe Mike Hammond voted for this!
Do something about this today before it's too late! Send an email to the following four Tennessee legislators . . .
. . . and ask them to please dismiss the committee's recommendation to allow up to a quorum to meet privately, and let's get some actual clarification of the law instead of just gutting it.
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (10 replies)
- ISIS (113 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (7 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- GOP governors expanding Medicaid (4 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (33 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (21 replies)
- Bill Ailor sued in Circuit Court (7 replies)
- Remedial civics needed in J-school? (7 replies)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (65 replies)