Did anyone see today's editorial from the News-Sentinel about the committee's recommendation to gut the sunshine law? I'd agree that the law does need some clarification as to deliberation vs. discussion, but to say that the solution is to allow up to a quorum to discuss, deliberate, lobby or whatever else is just wrong. This would mean that 9 commissioners could legally get together privately, without any press notification and totally outside the public's view, and decide how to vote on an issue! I can't believe Mike Hammond voted for this!
Do something about this today before it's too late! Send an email to the following four Tennessee legislators . . .
. . . and ask them to please dismiss the committee's recommendation to allow up to a quorum to meet privately, and let's get some actual clarification of the law instead of just gutting it.
- Christmas things to see and do in Knoxville (1 reply)
- Kakistocracy/Kleptocracy era (5 replies)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (27 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (26 replies)
- Gatlinburg on fire! (25 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (2 replies)
- Obama leaving economy better than he found it (3 replies)
- Airport connectivity (2 replies)
- Consumer alert: Humana Obamacare plans (1 reply)
- Quote of the day (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (83 replies)
- Perfect gift for the fake news email forwarding drunk uncle (2 replies)