Following up on Whitescreek's observations, here's the updated Terms of Service (ToS) for AT&T DSL service:
5.1 Suspension/Termination. Your Service may be suspended or terminated if your payment is past due and such condition continues un-remedied for thirty (30) days. In addition, AT&T may immediately terminate or suspend all or a portion of your Service, any Member ID, electronic mail address, IP address, Universal Resource Locator or domain name used by you, without notice, for conduct that AT&T believes (a) violates the Acceptable Use Policy; (b) constitutes a violation of any law, regulation or tariff (including, without limitation, copyright and intellectual property laws) or a violation of these TOS, or any applicable policies or guidelines, or (c) tends to damage the name or reputation of AT&T, or its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries. Termination or suspension by AT&T of Service also constitutes termination or suspension (as applicable) of your license to use any Software. AT&T may also terminate or suspend your Service if you provide false or inaccurate information that is required for the provision of Service or is necessary to allow AT&T to bill you for Service.
After seeing that AT&T took an interest in modifying webcast concerts to remove anti-Bush remarks, not to mention that it's currently seeking retroactive immunity from prosecution for enabling the warrantless wiretapping program, it really makes me fear for a free Internet if net neutrality provisions disappear.
But there I go with all that fancy "pre-9/11 thinking" again.
...testing the new logo...
(Thankfully, I'm on a Comcast high-speed connection from the house, so I'll be around for a while.)
- Dear Greene County (1 reply)
- State Board of Ed poised to approve six new charters over Nashville BOE objections (5 replies)
- Watts Bar 2: Disaster waiting to happen? (5 replies)
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (68 replies)
- Doctors Without Borders demands investigation (2 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (6 replies)
- So, not an endorsement, then? (5 replies)
- School shooting in Oregon (19 replies)
- Now what? (2 replies)
- DOE awards UT $2.9 million grant for graduate energy technology program (3 replies)
- Just when you thought KNS couldn't suck any worse... (14 replies)
- The remarkable thing that happens to poor kids when you give their parents a little money (1 reply)
- Oct 13 2015 - 7:30pm (16 hours 20 min from now)
- Oct 13 2015 - 8:00pm (16 hours 50 min from now)
- Nov 5 2015 - 6:00pm (3 weeks 2 days from now)