Following up on Whitescreek's observations, here's the updated Terms of Service (ToS) for AT&T DSL service:
5.1 Suspension/Termination. Your Service may be suspended or terminated if your payment is past due and such condition continues un-remedied for thirty (30) days. In addition, AT&T may immediately terminate or suspend all or a portion of your Service, any Member ID, electronic mail address, IP address, Universal Resource Locator or domain name used by you, without notice, for conduct that AT&T believes (a) violates the Acceptable Use Policy; (b) constitutes a violation of any law, regulation or tariff (including, without limitation, copyright and intellectual property laws) or a violation of these TOS, or any applicable policies or guidelines, or (c) tends to damage the name or reputation of AT&T, or its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries. Termination or suspension by AT&T of Service also constitutes termination or suspension (as applicable) of your license to use any Software. AT&T may also terminate or suspend your Service if you provide false or inaccurate information that is required for the provision of Service or is necessary to allow AT&T to bill you for Service.
After seeing that AT&T took an interest in modifying webcast concerts to remove anti-Bush remarks, not to mention that it's currently seeking retroactive immunity from prosecution for enabling the warrantless wiretapping program, it really makes me fear for a free Internet if net neutrality provisions disappear.
But there I go with all that fancy "pre-9/11 thinking" again.
...testing the new logo...
(Thankfully, I'm on a Comcast high-speed connection from the house, so I'll be around for a while.)
- Interesting approaches to touring a city (2 replies)
- ITT Tech stops all student enrollment (3 replies)
- Walmart's Out-of-Control Crime Problem is Driving Police Crazy (10 replies)
- Blue Cross to raise rates by 62% for individual policies (39 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (59 replies)
- How to Transform a Waterfront (1 reply)
- Who will be Tennessee's next governor? (17 replies)
- 170 schools to take part in Tenn.’s first ‘Student Mock Election’ (2 replies)
- Women's Suffrage Monument Unveiled in Nashville (5 replies)
- 2016 election could be decided by 20 counties (1 reply)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (369 replies)
- "It's a sad day for our city" - Maryville, Alcoa, Blount County (4 replies)
- Sep 8 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (5 weeks 5 days from now)