The Knoxville News Sentinel recently issued a call for bloggers to help cover the upcoming KNS v. Knox County Commission trial. The reasoning was that because the newspaper is the plaintiff, they needed independent coverage.
Jack McElroy announced on his blog that three bloggers have been selected. They are Rich Hailey, David Oatney, and Russ McBee. From McElroy's description, it sounds as though they will mostly be covering the coverage, not necessarily the trial itself (maybe Russ can elaborate on how that will work).
Anyway, its an interesting experiment in citizen journalism. I'm not sure a newspaper has ever done anything like this before. Once again, the KNS is way out front in working with the the local blogger community.
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (6 replies)
- Mayor Rogero responds to News Sentinel allegation of sunshine violation (10 replies)
- East Coast historic blizzard? (5 replies)
- US Deficit to lowest level since 2007 (2 replies)
- Knox Co. suing Mike Lowe? (1 reply)
- Snowing here (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (8 replies)
- Josh Flory leaving KNS (12 replies)
- Obama wants community college to be free (68 replies)
- KNS Friday liberal column changeup (5 replies)
- Bonnaroo lineup announced (27 replies)
- Rape trial for former Vandy football players (20 replies)
- Jan 27 2015 - 5:30pm (5 hours 34 min from now)
- Jan 27 2015 - 6:00pm (6 hours 4 min from now)
- Jan 27 2015 - 6:15pm (6 hours 19 min from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 6:00pm (1 week 2 days from now)
- Feb 7 2015 - 4:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)