By: Brian A.  shortURL
I've never heard of this before
The Tennessee Valley Authority shut down one of three units at the Browns Ferry nuclear plant on Thursday because water drawn from a river to cool the reactor was too hot, a spokesman said.
According to the article, the river is at least 90F.
Did anyone notice that it's hot outside?
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (5 replies)
- Last ditch appeal to resurrect Insure Tennessee Medicaid expansion (5 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (27 replies)
- DTV hosts Dr. Bob Kronick on the subject of community schools tonight. (2 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. Redesign Detour/Closure (146 replies)
- L.A. wants their school iPad money back (4 replies)
- Allergies are kicking my butt this spring (11 replies)
- Need Your Opinion -- Why live in Knoxville and Where? (85 replies)
- What gives "conservatives" a bad name (15 replies)
- Downtown street musicians (6 replies)
- Santa Gov wants to give FedEx an early Christmas present (10 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday's is still doomed (17 replies)