Dwight Van de Vate issues an official response from the County Mayor's office regarding the use of county purchasing cards for personal medical expenditures:
It has come to my attention that a story will be published in the Halls Shopper News regarding a charge on the Mayor’s p-card. The gist of the story is that the Mayor charged the co-pay for a medical procedure on his card. Although this may be new information to the Halls Shopper News, it is not new anywhere else. The Mayor discussed this with WBIR last month. Apparently they didn’t believe this particular matter merited public discussion.
We readily acknowledge that serious, substantive issues regarding the p-cards have come to light. At the core of these issues are serious allegations of misconduct over the use of these cards by three former employees of Knox County. An attempt to confuse an honest mistake by any employee of Knox County, including the Mayor, with these other issues is both ridiculous and reprehensible.
Memo to County Commission attached (PDF format).
- Infrastructure grades (3 replies)
- Alcoa Hwy closed this morning UT Hospital northbound (4 replies)
- The millennial vote? (12 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (22 replies)
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (10 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (19 replies)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (30 replies)
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (15 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (3 replies)
- Trump Health Plan Would Raise Costs, Clinton's Would Insure More (1 reply)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (12 hours 35 min from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (13 hours 35 min from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 13 hours from now)
- Oct 7 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 5 days from now)