Dwight Van de Vate issues an official response from the County Mayor's office regarding the use of county purchasing cards for personal medical expenditures:
It has come to my attention that a story will be published in the Halls Shopper News regarding a charge on the Mayor’s p-card. The gist of the story is that the Mayor charged the co-pay for a medical procedure on his card. Although this may be new information to the Halls Shopper News, it is not new anywhere else. The Mayor discussed this with WBIR last month. Apparently they didn’t believe this particular matter merited public discussion.
We readily acknowledge that serious, substantive issues regarding the p-cards have come to light. At the core of these issues are serious allegations of misconduct over the use of these cards by three former employees of Knox County. An attempt to confuse an honest mistake by any employee of Knox County, including the Mayor, with these other issues is both ridiculous and reprehensible.
Memo to County Commission attached (PDF format).
- Blue Hair for Bernie - Canceled (1 reply)
- Arnett comes out of hiding (23 replies)
- Marines to volunteer armed guards: Thanks but no thanks (6 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (44 replies)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (8 replies)
- Trump: John McCain is no war hero, plus he's a loser (20 replies)
- Eastbound Cumberland Ave. to close for six weeks (1 reply)
- Learn About Solar Energy This Saturday! (2 replies)
- Support the Sign Ordinance Revision (9 replies)
- “Painting with a Twist” opens in Downtown Knoxville (1 reply)
- Meeting on Old South High (10 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (68 replies)
- Jul 29 2015 - 12:00pm (1 day 2 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2015 - 6:00pm (1 day 8 hours from now)
- Aug 7 2015 - 7:00pm (1 week 3 days from now)
- Sep 11 2015 - 6:30pm (6 weeks 3 days from now)