Brittney at Nashville is Talking has resigned. I haven't been following the latest controversy, but it appears she got hammered pretty hard for something she linked to and it pushed her over the edge.
This is a real shame. Her NiT blog is a huge force in the Tennessee blogosphere, and the NiT aggregator helped promote a lot of Nashville and state blogs including this one. She has done a fabulous job for WKRN and for Tennessee bloggers.
One of the best and worst things about the interwebs is the "wild west" atmosphere. It makes for a wide latitude in expressing viewpoints, but too many idiots have to abuse it and ruin it for everybody.
Everyone, me included, ought to remember from time to time that there are actual people on the other end of all the online hate and vitriol. I wish people could just tone it down a little and say what they mean in a forceful yet mature way without all the venom and crude attacks. It would be a lot more effective, and might even get someone who otherwise wouldn't to pay more attention to what we're saying instead of how we say it.
- State of Tennessee facing Medicaid enrollment lawsuit (3 replies)
- Knoxville News Sentinel website makeover (7 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (1 reply)
- Congress comes together to help the disabled save, tax-free (1 reply)
- Jonathan Turley - "Get ready for an even bigger threat to Obamacare" (12 replies)
- Knox Co. should resolve Halls greenway project issues (25 replies)
- No Credit? No Problem (18 replies)
- Jason Emert, Sleazy campaigner (10 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (43 replies)
- R.I.P. James Garner (7 replies)
- Further to the Comcast discussion...who's your competition? (4 replies)
- Briggs (190 replies)
- Jul 24 2014 - 6:00pm (1 day 2 hours from now)
- Jul 26 2014 - 9:00am (2 days 17 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 10:00am (5 days 18 hours from now)
- Jul 29 2014 - 5:30pm (6 days 1 hour from now)