Brittney at Nashville is Talking has resigned. I haven't been following the latest controversy, but it appears she got hammered pretty hard for something she linked to and it pushed her over the edge.
This is a real shame. Her NiT blog is a huge force in the Tennessee blogosphere, and the NiT aggregator helped promote a lot of Nashville and state blogs including this one. She has done a fabulous job for WKRN and for Tennessee bloggers.
One of the best and worst things about the interwebs is the "wild west" atmosphere. It makes for a wide latitude in expressing viewpoints, but too many idiots have to abuse it and ruin it for everybody.
Everyone, me included, ought to remember from time to time that there are actual people on the other end of all the online hate and vitriol. I wish people could just tone it down a little and say what they mean in a forceful yet mature way without all the venom and crude attacks. It would be a lot more effective, and might even get someone who otherwise wouldn't to pay more attention to what we're saying instead of how we say it.
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (38 replies)
- High profile investor: Charter schools are a business (7 replies)
- Tennessee unemployment, poverty rates increase (1 reply)
- City of Alcoa-Sam's Club first step in New Urbanism? (7 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (35 replies)
- Discussion about new hybrid pension plan for TN educators (1 reply)
- Interesting background on new Attorney General (25 replies)
- Redefining Scrooge (7 replies)
- Cagle: Tough times ahead for Haslsm (9 replies)
- Most educated town in every state (2 replies)
- Clark: Cornerstone playing hardball with new School Board member John Fugate (7 replies)
- Alexander agrees to debate Ball (1 reply)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (3 days 4 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (4 days 6 hours from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (4 days 7 hours from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (6 days 6 hours from now)