Brittney at Nashville is Talking has resigned. I haven't been following the latest controversy, but it appears she got hammered pretty hard for something she linked to and it pushed her over the edge.
This is a real shame. Her NiT blog is a huge force in the Tennessee blogosphere, and the NiT aggregator helped promote a lot of Nashville and state blogs including this one. She has done a fabulous job for WKRN and for Tennessee bloggers.
One of the best and worst things about the interwebs is the "wild west" atmosphere. It makes for a wide latitude in expressing viewpoints, but too many idiots have to abuse it and ruin it for everybody.
Everyone, me included, ought to remember from time to time that there are actual people on the other end of all the online hate and vitriol. I wish people could just tone it down a little and say what they mean in a forceful yet mature way without all the venom and crude attacks. It would be a lot more effective, and might even get someone who otherwise wouldn't to pay more attention to what we're saying instead of how we say it.
- Glenn Reynolds: Libertarian Fascist? (53 replies)
- Frank Cagle nails the Voucher Issue (16 replies)
- Other reasons KNS might be losing subscribers (20 replies)
- Here we go again (19 replies)
- Vertical farm can make 44,000 pounds of tomatoes on the side of a parking lot (2 replies)
- Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline bill (11 replies)
- NAAWP? Seriously? (8 replies)
- Tennessee considers for-profit public benefit corporate entities (50 replies)
- Tennessee Republican offers bill to nullify Farragut's town charter (10 replies)
- Check on your family and friends (2 replies)
- Clueless quote of the day (5 replies)
- The deaths not counted in this winter storm reporting,,,, (3 replies)