As I posted the other day, TN's SJR127 is a bill aimed at changing the state's constitution in order to ban abortions. The second reading took place Monday evening. The third reading will take place tomorrow. Should this final reading pass, it will then go to the House.
What surprised me, and has me deeply saddened, is this post in which Eaglia points to and highlights a commenter:
Yesterday, MzNicky wrote in the comments that when she called her state senator about SJR 127 - the effort to eliminate abortion rights in Tennessee - she was told that she was the first and only one of the senator's constituents to voice an opinion on the subject.
I know we are all busy, but to what end will we allow the state of Tennessee to take away our sexual autonomy? As several of the big-boy bloggers have pointed out, laws like this will have a severe impact on the men as well. Just think about it, for a sec, guys. Think about paying child support for the next 18 years, just for a night in the sack.
It takes less than 5 minutes to make a phone call, and even less time to send an email. It's time for all Tennesseans to stand up and do what's right. Tennesse women are not brood mares, they are human beings entitled to independence, and our legislature must be told to stop this foolishness.
- Emerald Academy principal named (23 replies)
- Women in Black vigils (2 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (23 replies)
- E.W. Scripps getting out of the newspaper business (7 replies)
- 2014 Shootings in Knox County, TN (47 replies)
- Turnout predictions? (18 replies)
- NLRB rules on Browning-Ferris: MickyD's workers have the right to know for whom they work (3 replies)
- BREAKING: Tom Humphrey retiring (24 replies)
- Huffman caves (2 replies)
- News Sentinel website paywall broken (10 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (20 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (12 replies)