As I posted the other day, TN's SJR127 is a bill aimed at changing the state's constitution in order to ban abortions. The second reading took place Monday evening. The third reading will take place tomorrow. Should this final reading pass, it will then go to the House.
What surprised me, and has me deeply saddened, is this post in which Eaglia points to and highlights a commenter:
Yesterday, MzNicky wrote in the comments that when she called her state senator about SJR 127 - the effort to eliminate abortion rights in Tennessee - she was told that she was the first and only one of the senator's constituents to voice an opinion on the subject.
I know we are all busy, but to what end will we allow the state of Tennessee to take away our sexual autonomy? As several of the big-boy bloggers have pointed out, laws like this will have a severe impact on the men as well. Just think about it, for a sec, guys. Think about paying child support for the next 18 years, just for a night in the sack.
It takes less than 5 minutes to make a phone call, and even less time to send an email. It's time for all Tennesseans to stand up and do what's right. Tennesse women are not brood mares, they are human beings entitled to independence, and our legislature must be told to stop this foolishness.
- Mayor Burchett goes off on Gov. Haslam re. mental health treatment funding (14 replies)
- Trump uniting the GOP? (2 replies)
- Sanders wins Oregon, splits Kentucky with Clinton (3 replies)
- UAW endorses Hillary Clinton (1 reply)
- Switzerland's Gotthard Train Tunnel Will Be World's Longest, Deepest (4 replies)
- Help a deserving Fulton High student go to Australia (1 reply)
- Vacation snapshots (4 replies)
- Some South Knoxville businesses forced to move as rent increases (8 replies)
- Tennessee's new prison stops taking inmates (1 reply)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (39 replies)
- Hot fun in the Summertime (4 replies)
- Prospects for county mayor (16 replies)