As I posted the other day, TN's SJR127 is a bill aimed at changing the state's constitution in order to ban abortions. The second reading took place Monday evening. The third reading will take place tomorrow. Should this final reading pass, it will then go to the House.
What surprised me, and has me deeply saddened, is this post in which Eaglia points to and highlights a commenter:
Yesterday, MzNicky wrote in the comments that when she called her state senator about SJR 127 - the effort to eliminate abortion rights in Tennessee - she was told that she was the first and only one of the senator's constituents to voice an opinion on the subject.
I know we are all busy, but to what end will we allow the state of Tennessee to take away our sexual autonomy? As several of the big-boy bloggers have pointed out, laws like this will have a severe impact on the men as well. Just think about it, for a sec, guys. Think about paying child support for the next 18 years, just for a night in the sack.
It takes less than 5 minutes to make a phone call, and even less time to send an email. It's time for all Tennesseans to stand up and do what's right. Tennesse women are not brood mares, they are human beings entitled to independence, and our legislature must be told to stop this foolishness.
- Grainger County 'maters (1 reply)
- Ijams rope course death (11 replies)
- HOV Lanes - ILEVs (4 replies)
- Haslam lays out plans for statewide road revenue tour (13 replies)
- Brewery, coffee roaster, others opening in South Knoxville (9 replies)
- Foster Arnett Parking Space + News Sentinel Removed Story (47 replies)
- Rep. Womick doubles down v. U.S. Supreme Court (13 replies)
- Foster Arnett: Hacked or unhinged? You decide (112 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (5 replies)
- 50th anniversary of Medicare (1 reply)
- City Council at Large Race Seat C (9 replies)
- Arnett comes out of hiding (39 replies)