Joe Powell's take on the subject of Fred's gushy, buttkissing ode to soldiers.
What IS it that makes these Chickenhawk Republicans so pro-military once they're past service age? The way they romanticize the armed services, you'd at least expect their sons to have enlisted, right, Tony Thompson?*
*This would be Fred's boy, who is nobly serving his country as a high-dollar lobbyist down on Capitol Hill in Nashville -- He's an ecumenical kind of guy who's in bidness with old McWherter crony Harlan Mathews, which demonstrates that it's a small world after all because Mathews briefly held the US Senate seat vacated by Al Gore and subsequently won by Ole Fred.
But back to my pro-military theme -- what does it say about Ole Fred that he seems intent upon capsizing the candidacy of his erstwhile best friend John McCain, a genuine war hero whose service record was smeared by the Bush campaign during the 2000 GOP primary fight?
Nuttin' good, I'd say.
p.s.: This probably doesn't need to be said, but Fred, of course, had better things to do than sign up to save democracy in SE Asia back when he was cannon fodder age. Like running errands for Howard Baker, which was a job with a future.
- Audit of KCS capital fund accounting complete (4 replies)
- Justice? (46 replies)
- Local Presbyterian church in turmoil over same-sex marriage (13 replies)
- Black Friday Walmart protests (2 replies)
- Tre Hargett wants you to know that Tre Hargett is all about Tre Hargett accountability (3 replies)
- Feel good dog story (2 replies)
- Google Fiber advancing in Nashville? (7 replies)
- Companies accuse Haslam of leading Pilot Flying J fraud (7 replies)
- FYI: Don't buy a teenage boy a sports car (59 replies)
- Citizenfour at Downtown West (6 replies)
- Latest UT athletics drama (9 replies)
- UT dropping "Lady" from "Lady Vols" (58 replies)