Sponsors of the AT&T statewide cable franchise bill say they will withdraw the bill for this year. They didn't feel they would have they votes and they are disappointed by the lack of support from local governments. It will likely be back for the 2008 session.
I'm surprised. I thought it was a done deal. One article speculates, though, that all the amendments neutered AT&T's advantage, so they wanted it pulled. It looks like Frank Cagle was right. This is the bill that keeps on giving - to lobbyists.
- Big Ears is here (23 replies)
- Senate passes vouchers, House passes guns in parks (4 replies)
- Congrats to new KCDP officeholders (13 replies)
- This should be interesting (4 replies)
- Being Poor Affects Kids' Brains, Study Finds (1 reply)
- Sunrises? (6 replies)
- "Lady Vols" in the NCAA Tournament (11 replies)
- KCS Middle School Analysis now available for public review (1 reply)
- Headline fail (18 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (18 replies)
- Good Morning Ladies! (4 replies)
- Breaking the rule (6 replies)