My friends at Star 102.1 are holding a radiothon to benefit East Tennessee Children's Hospital. It runs for another 2 hours or so, until 6PM tonight. I just gave a 12 by 12, which is $12 a month for a year, and I'm challenging all the members of the RTB to donate whatever you can.
The number to call is 656 KIDS (5437). Call now and give what you can.
ETCH does great work. I've been lucky enough that none of my 6 kids have had to go there, but I went twice as I was growing up. First time was for a hernia repair, and the second time was for a brain malfunction. They fixed the hernia, but the brain is the same as it came from the manufacturer, so don't hold my strange behavior against them. (Besides, my Momma says I'm not strange, I'm unique. So there!)
Call and donate. Even if you're not from Tennessee, even if you don't agree with anything else I've ever written, this is a cause we all should be able to get behind
- Mayor Rogero lowers the boom on former mayor and Shopper columnist Victor Ashe (62 replies)
- Six Knox Co. high schools "failing" according to state tests (37 replies)
- KCSO Proposed Safety Center (4 replies)
- Right-wing contortions (2 replies)
- McIntyre's self-evaluation (13 replies)
- Lady Justice is Missing (21 replies)
- Who Turned My Blue State Red? (10 replies)
- From Our "McElroy is Blithering" Dept... (7 replies)
- Epic oil glut sparks super tanker 'traffic jams' at sea (1 reply)
- Refugee roundup (12 replies)
- Knoxville and surrounding communities livability (15 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (75 replies)