BBC news is reporting a fascinating development in the history of the Battle of the Atlantic. Three messages encoded in 1942 using a new version of the infamous Enigma machine have resisted all efforts to decipher them . . . . until now.
By running code-breaking software on a “grid” of internet-linked home computers, one of them has been solved.
Read more here.
- City unveils new website (16 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (27 replies)
- TN # 1, again (5 replies)
- RIP Dr. Julian (1 reply)
- Tennessee offers rebates for electric cars and PHEVs (9 replies)
- Rewriting the Rules (3 replies)
- Christenberry House comes down (10 replies)
- Knoxville bike trail in national finals for $100K grant (1 reply)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (5 replies)
- Home cookin' (24 replies)
- Knox County Schools balanced calendar survey controversy (50 replies)
- Garden coming in (1 reply)