BBC news is reporting a fascinating development in the history of the Battle of the Atlantic. Three messages encoded in 1942 using a new version of the infamous Enigma machine have resisted all efforts to decipher them . . . . until now.
By running code-breaking software on a “grid” of internet-linked home computers, one of them has been solved.
Read more here.
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (9 replies)
- If "The Smart Bush" Runs (3 replies)
- Insure Tennessee debate heats up, outside money flowing in (16 replies)
- 13th Annual ChiliFest! (1 reply)
- State fee to ride your bicycle on the South Loop Urban Wilderness Trail? (22 replies)
- Ruby Tuesday reports mounting losses, continuing decline in same store sales (35 replies)
- Income disparity in Tennessee (11 replies)
- A couple of looks at sexual assault (6 replies)
- Samantha Manning no longer with WATE (5 replies)
- Ice oddity (8 replies)
- Headline fail (8 replies)
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (8 replies)
- Feb 2 2015 - 6:15pm (1 day 9 hours from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 4:30pm (4 days 8 hours from now)
- Feb 5 2015 - 6:00pm (4 days 9 hours from now)
- Feb 7 2015 - 4:00pm (6 days 7 hours from now)