I Tivo'd the debate and watched the rest of the Fulmer v. Spurrier game, in which UT rallied late for a convincing win after a few misfires and mental mistakes. The ESPN announcers seemed quite disappointed.
Harold Ford Jr. had no mental mistakes or misfires. He was hitting on all cylinders as usual. In contrast, his opponent talked a lot of gibberish that didn't make any sense. For a minute there I thought maybe he hadn't shown up and they had gone out on the street and found some homeless guy, dressed him up and powdered his nose, and pushed him out on the stage to babble incoherently. ("We need to invest in research and enzymes!")
Whoever that guy was, he had no depth whatsoever on national issues. The audience laughed out loud when he talked about the clean campaign he'd run. And somebody ought to count how many times he said "make sure."
The Ford Report has a full blow-by-blow factchecking.
- Bald Eagle on French Broad (1 reply)
- South High redux as Assisted Living Center (1 reply)
- Bill seeking to stop scalpers from grabbing online tickets has cleared the House (2 replies)
- Ammo plant deal falling apart? (2 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (69 replies)
- Businessman wants to add waterfall to South Knoxville waterfront (23 replies)
- Dover to develop South High (8 replies)
- AMI ammo factory deal could involve $20 million in state incentives (28 replies)
- KNS not to endorse in Presidential race (8 replies)
- Debates 3, Climate Change 0 (3 replies)
- Debate takeaway headlines (11 replies)
- New plans for old church in South Knoxville (11 replies)
- Oct 23 2016 - 9:30am (12 hours 6 min from now)
- Oct 23 2016 - 2:00pm (16 hours 36 min from now)
- Oct 26 2016 - 12:00pm (3 days 14 hours from now)
- Oct 29 2016 - 3:00pm (6 days 17 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2016 - 1:30pm (1 week 16 hours from now)