Steve Cohen is the guy who should take Harold Ford's place in the House if all goes as expected. Ford could become the first African American elected to represent Tennessee and Cohen could become the first Jew, White member of the Black Caucas, White guy to represent a predominately Black district, anything else?
Checking Cohen's bio I see that he and I are the same age so I should have gone to school at the same time he did. I went to Snowden and Central in the 60's. Cohen seems to be brilliant, liberal, and honest. Does Tennessee elect honest people any more?
I hope so.
- EPA fines Rep. Andy Hold for illegal hog waste dumping (1 reply)
- Redesign of Public Space at Riverwalk (22 replies)
- Praise the Lord and pass the legislation! (30 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (5 replies)
- Court: City Council must vote on Pryor Brown surface parking lot (13 replies)
- U.S. tax cuts don't pay for themselves -Republican-appointed official says (3 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (3 replies)
- Haslam to outsource operation of U.T. and other university facilities (58 replies)
- The cutest thing you will see all day (7 replies)
- Halls Shopper update (8 replies)
- State's unclaimed property website streamlined (3 replies)
- Cumberland Ave. shootings welcome back UT students (1 reply)