Steve Cohen is the guy who should take Harold Ford's place in the House if all goes as expected. Ford could become the first African American elected to represent Tennessee and Cohen could become the first Jew, White member of the Black Caucas, White guy to represent a predominately Black district, anything else?
Checking Cohen's bio I see that he and I are the same age so I should have gone to school at the same time he did. I went to Snowden and Central in the 60's. Cohen seems to be brilliant, liberal, and honest. Does Tennessee elect honest people any more?
I hope so.
- What are best places to get soup in Knoxville? (7 replies)
- City to rebid Cumberland Ave. project (24 replies)
- What Every State in the U.S. Is Worst at (1 reply)
- Haslam names new education commissioner (5 replies)
- The End of an Era (1 reply)
- Elizabeth Warren for president! (64 replies)
- Final nail for Hemlock (2 replies)
- Island Home apartment project may break ground this week (10 replies)
- The banality of evil (4 replies)
- All-Clad for the win (9 replies)
- Headline fail (5 replies)
- Norris wants to give Congress the power to nullify federal regulations (they already can) (4 replies)