Steve Cohen is the guy who should take Harold Ford's place in the House if all goes as expected. Ford could become the first African American elected to represent Tennessee and Cohen could become the first Jew, White member of the Black Caucas, White guy to represent a predominately Black district, anything else?
Checking Cohen's bio I see that he and I are the same age so I should have gone to school at the same time he did. I went to Snowden and Central in the 60's. Cohen seems to be brilliant, liberal, and honest. Does Tennessee elect honest people any more?
I hope so.
- Anger erupts at Republican town halls (5 replies)
- Repealing Obamacare affects everyone (25 replies)
- Thoughts on Trumpspeak (2 replies)
- City to exclude glass from curbside recycling (17 replies)
- Bill Gates: The robot that takes your job should pay taxes (2 replies)
- NYT - Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence (10 replies)
- Louisville Point Park Eagle? (3 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (103 replies)
- Marsha, Marsha, Marsha: unlike Duncan, not afraid of constituents (5 replies)
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (5 replies)
- Traffic deaths expected to have hit troubling milestone (1 reply)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (2 hours 38 min ago)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (3 days 22 hours from now)
- Mar 7 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 4 days from now)