A longtime assistant to Circuit Court Judge Harold Wimberly has filed suit in Circuit Court against Circuit Court Judge-elect Bill Ailor, who defeated Wimberly in the August General Election.
Plaintiff Judith Moore Pennoyer, 60, is a 24-year Circuit Court employer who worked for Wimberly for the past 16 years.
The lawsuit accuses Ailor of interfering with her employment with the state of Tennessee and says she received a letter from Ailor on August 28 informing her that she no longer has a job. Pennoyer, who has multiple sclerosis, is represented by David Dunaway, who sued Ailor individually, not in his capacity as a judge-elect (not even sure there is such a thing). the state of Tennessee is also named.
Wimberly presided over Division II. Ailor will take the bench Sept. 2.
Pennoyer filed her case in Division III, which is presided over by Judge Deborah Stevens.
- Infrastructure grades (3 replies)
- Alcoa Hwy closed this morning UT Hospital northbound (4 replies)
- The millennial vote? (12 replies)
- Let's get ready to rumble! (22 replies)
- Sen. Alexander, you should be ashamed (10 replies)
- BCBS Pulling Out of TN Metros (19 replies)
- Trump calls for business tax cuts to stimulate economy (30 replies)
- Toxic air pollution nanoparticles discovered in the human brain (1 reply)
- Butt probe (8 replies)
- UT vs UF - it's on (15 replies)
- I called the Wells Fargo ethics line and was fired (3 replies)
- Trump Health Plan Would Raise Costs, Clinton's Would Insure More (1 reply)
- Sep 29 2016 - 5:00pm (14 hours 13 min from now)
- Sep 29 2016 - 6:00pm (15 hours 13 min from now)
- Oct 6 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 15 hours from now)
- Oct 7 2016 - 6:00pm (1 week 1 day from now)
- Oct 11 2016 - 10:00am (1 week 5 days from now)