In light of recent allegations that WBIR spiked a story about Knox Co. Schools Superintendent Dr. Jim McIntyre, this email exchange (obtained through an open records request forwarded by an anonymous source) is interesting:
From: Mike Edwards [email@example.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 29,2013 6:40 PM
To: JAMES MCINTYRE
Subject: Sandra Clark
Read her column posted tonight. She has been a friendly opinion maker. Now she could shift. Think if someone should talk to her.
Reply: Sep 29, 2013, at 8:14 PM, "JAMES MCINTYRE"
I'm going to talk with her... a few school board members are as well.
I got your voice-mail message while I was on a crazy one-day trip to Albuquerque with the Claytons on Friday (to see the children's science museum there). Sorry I couldn't follow up. Perhaps you'll have some time to talk tomorrow?
The Sandra Clark column in question (which we cannot find in the Halls Shopper archives) quoted teachers critical of the new evaluations and testing methods, if I recall correctly.
More to come, possibly, about who is really running Knox Co. Schools.
- school board meeting underway (39 replies)
- Rail incident, evacuations ongoing in Blount Co. (13 replies)
- Haslam snubs Obama, again (11 replies)
- Blurring the Racial Lines (53 replies)
- Supreme Court rules against EPA on regulating mercury emissions (30 replies)
- Sheriff's office stonewalling jail beating victim's lawyers? (7 replies)
- New revelations in deadly school bus crash (96 replies)
- McIntyre's week in review (4 replies)
- TNGOP wants a special session on the gay crisis (3 replies)
- Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (2 replies)
- Today's school board work session (23 replies)
- Dog jumping in water (5 replies)