In light of recent allegations that WBIR spiked a story about Knox Co. Schools Superintendent Dr. Jim McIntyre, this email exchange (obtained through an open records request forwarded by an anonymous source) is interesting:
From: Mike Edwards [email@example.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 29,2013 6:40 PM
To: JAMES MCINTYRE
Subject: Sandra Clark
Read her column posted tonight. She has been a friendly opinion maker. Now she could shift. Think if someone should talk to her.
Reply: Sep 29, 2013, at 8:14 PM, "JAMES MCINTYRE"
I'm going to talk with her... a few school board members are as well.
I got your voice-mail message while I was on a crazy one-day trip to Albuquerque with the Claytons on Friday (to see the children's science museum there). Sorry I couldn't follow up. Perhaps you'll have some time to talk tomorrow?
The Sandra Clark column in question (which we cannot find in the Halls Shopper archives) quoted teachers critical of the new evaluations and testing methods, if I recall correctly.
More to come, possibly, about who is really running Knox Co. Schools.
- ISIS (113 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (9 replies)
- Big Box Health Care: Are You Ready for Walmart Care Clinics? (7 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (4 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (49 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (26 replies)
- GOP governors expanding Medicaid (4 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (33 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (21 replies)
- Bill Ailor sued in Circuit Court (7 replies)
- Remedial civics needed in J-school? (7 replies)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (65 replies)