In light of recent allegations that WBIR spiked a story about Knox Co. Schools Superintendent Dr. Jim McIntyre, this email exchange (obtained through an open records request forwarded by an anonymous source) is interesting:
From: Mike Edwards [email@example.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 29,2013 6:40 PM
To: JAMES MCINTYRE
Subject: Sandra Clark
Read her column posted tonight. She has been a friendly opinion maker. Now she could shift. Think if someone should talk to her.
Reply: Sep 29, 2013, at 8:14 PM, "JAMES MCINTYRE"
I'm going to talk with her... a few school board members are as well.
I got your voice-mail message while I was on a crazy one-day trip to Albuquerque with the Claytons on Friday (to see the children's science museum there). Sorry I couldn't follow up. Perhaps you'll have some time to talk tomorrow?
The Sandra Clark column in question (which we cannot find in the Halls Shopper archives) quoted teachers critical of the new evaluations and testing methods, if I recall correctly.
More to come, possibly, about who is really running Knox Co. Schools.
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (6 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (5 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (1 reply)
- Emerald Academy principal named (1 reply)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)
- Can we get a little humanity up in here? (12 replies)
- Stop Wasting Votes by Crossing Over (33 replies)
- A Reply to Bill Owen's Negative Mailer (11 replies)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (25 replies)
- The Master of Space and Time (1 reply)
- U.S. health insurers to pay $330 million in premium rebates (4 replies)