In light of recent allegations that WBIR spiked a story about Knox Co. Schools Superintendent Dr. Jim McIntyre, this email exchange (obtained through an open records request forwarded by an anonymous source) is interesting:
From: Mike Edwards [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Sunday, September 29,2013 6:40 PM
To: JAMES MCINTYRE
Subject: Sandra Clark
Read her column posted tonight. She has been a friendly opinion maker. Now she could shift. Think if someone should talk to her.
Reply: Sep 29, 2013, at 8:14 PM, "JAMES MCINTYRE"
I'm going to talk with her... a few school board members are as well.
I got your voice-mail message while I was on a crazy one-day trip to Albuquerque with the Claytons on Friday (to see the children's science museum there). Sorry I couldn't follow up. Perhaps you'll have some time to talk tomorrow?
The Sandra Clark column in question (which we cannot find in the Halls Shopper archives) quoted teachers critical of the new evaluations and testing methods, if I recall correctly.
More to come, possibly, about who is really running Knox Co. Schools.
- Art or advertising? Magpies and city trying to sort it out (25 replies)
- Big Brother is (was?) listening at the courthouse (14 replies)
- Haslam to outsource operation of U.T. and other university facilities (62 replies)
- Stand Up for Good Jobs, Living Wages, & Our Public Services! (2 replies)
- This will make you feel old (2 replies)
- Making out like a Bandit? (79 replies)
- U.S. Economy Added 173,000 Jobs in August; Unemployment Rate Fell (1 reply)
- Rowan Co. KY county clerk in the national spotlight for defying U.S. Supreme Court (20 replies)
- Tennessee judge won't grant divorce because the gays win (3 replies)
- State officials promote 'low-cost labor force' to lure foreign industries to Tennessee (2 replies)
- State seeks input on proposed law to charge for public records inspection (1 reply)
- The beast has more than one belly: (21 replies)