I was willing to give Corker a look. By all accounts he sounded like a fairly rational, moderate, maybe even slightly progressive brand of Republican (i.e. not a raving lunatic).
Throw in the DSCC meddling in our state primary, and the Democratic nominee's votes on the war, the bankruptcy bill, etc., and you could make a case for at least giving Corker a fair hearing.
But now Corker's dodging debates. He's been subpoenaed in relation to a shady land deal and he's trying to get those records sealed. There are questions about his income while mayor of Chattanooga, and he won't release his full tax returns to clear up those questions. He hasn't offered much in the way of ideas or solutions. About all we know is that he's a "real conservative".
It's pretty hard to give a guy a fair hearing if he won't talk.
UPDATE: Corker has "agreed" to three debates. There won't be any in Knoxville. There also won't be a Meet the Press showdown. Any politician is crazy to turn down an offer for free national exposure like that. Unless he's worried he will be "exposed", I guess.
- Swedes confused/angered by Trump remark (4 replies)
- LWV local news media forum (6 replies)
- The Great Backyard Bird Count is underway (4 replies)
- Concerns linger over future of AMSE after land transfer (1 reply)
- McCain Defends a Free Press: ‘That’s How Dictators Get Started’ (2 replies)
- Nearly one-third of TN high schoolers graduated without all course requirements in 2015 (4 replies)
- U.S. House sanctions hunting hibernating bears, wolf pups in their dens (2 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (101 replies)
- What's Going On? An update about road and greenway projects across Blount County (2 replies)
- NYT: The 'Caddyshack' President (6 replies)
- Trump's NatSec advisor Michael Flynn resigns (20 replies)
- NYT - Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence (7 replies)
- Feb 22 2017 - 12:00pm (1 day 17 hours from now)
- Feb 23 2017 - 6:00pm (2 days 23 hours from now)
- Feb 27 2017 - 7:00pm (1 week 31 min from now)