From Bimbo Bakeries:
VOLUNTARY PRECAUTIONARY RECALL OF ARNOLD, BROWNBERRY, EARTHGRAINS, FARM, HARMONS, L'OVEN FRESH, STROEHMANN AND SARA LEE MULTI-GRAIN BREADS AND SARA LEE THIN STYLE BUNS
BBU, Inc., the parent of the Bimbo Bakeries companies, has initiated a voluntary recall due to possible presence of flexible wire caused by a faulty screen at a third party flour mill.
This recall does not affect any products currently offered for sale in retail stores but the company, out of an abundance of caution, wants to alert consumers to check any affected products they may still have in their homes.
Recalled products are listed below with the applicable "Best By" dates and their states of distribution. The "Best By" date is printed on the front of the bag on the bread items and on a sticker on the thin style buns product.
PRODUCTS STATES -------- ------ Best By dates prior to and including Feb. 17: SARA LEE MULTI-GRAIN THIN STYLE BUNS CA ONLY Best By dates prior to and including Feb. 20: ALDI L'OVEN FRESH HEARTY 12 GRAIN AR, CT, DC, IL, IA, KS, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OK, PA, RI, SC, TX, VA, VT, WI, WV FARM BREAD ALL NATURAL MULTI-GRAIN UT HARMONS 100% MULTI-GRAIN WIDE PAN OVEN-BAKED BREAD UT ARNOLD DUTCH COUNTRY 100% WHOLE GRAIN AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV ARNOLD HEALTHFULL 45 CALORIES PER DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, SLICE MULTIGRAIN VA, WV BROWNBERRY HEALTHFULL 45 CALORIES PER IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, SLICE MULTIGRAIN MO, ND, OH, PA, SD, WI, WV BROWNBERRY DUTCH COUNTRY 100% WHOLE IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, GRAIN MO, ND, OH, PA, SD, WI, WV BROWNBERRY GRAINS & MORE DOUBLE IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, PROTEIN MO, OH, PA, ND. SD, WI, WV BROWNBERRY HEALTHFULL NUTTY GRAIN IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, ND, OH, PA, SD, WI, WV STROEHMANN DUTCH COUNTRY 100% WHOLE DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, GRAIN VA, WV EARTHGRAINS 12 GRAIN NATURAL BREAD ALL STATES SARA LEE 12 GRAIN BREAD HEARTY & DELICIOUS ALL STATES
No other brands or products are affected.
BBU is committed to providing high-quality products, and the safety and health of our consumers is our most important priority. We are working closely with the third party flour mill to avoid this issue in the future.
Consumers who have purchased the recalled product can return the product to its place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-800-984-0989 at any time 24 hours a day.
- Inside the lonely "newsroom of the future" (5 replies)
- BREAKING: Metro Pulse shutting down, staff fired, other layoffs at KNS (305 replies)
- No-Show Smith finally shows up – But guess where? (19 replies)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (3 replies)
- International Baccalaureate (16 replies)
- Tennessee needs $38 billion of infrastructure improvements (2 replies)
- Noted local defense attorney killed in car crash (4 replies)
- What you need to know a bout Ebola (2 replies)
- Somewhat original thinking for an old problem - a "bottom-up approach to fiscal policy" (8 replies)
- What's at stake with Amendment One (13 replies)
- 'No' votes on Amendment 1 changed to 'Yes' (3 replies)
- Literary artists in the house! Homes given to writers for free in Detroit (3 replies)
- Oct 28 2014 - 5:30pm (2 days 12 hours from now)
- Oct 28 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 13 hours from now)
- Oct 30 2014 - 7:00pm (4 days 14 hours from now)