HB1010 by Rep. Mike Turner (D-Old Hickory) permits any registered Tennessee voter to vote absentee and requires the county election commission to establish a permanent absentee voting register.
This is a good change for seniors, people with disabilities, and others who may have difficulty getting to the polls. Currently, they must apply for an absentee ballot by mail for every election. A permanent absentee voting register would reduce paperwork and eliminate this inconvenience. It would also prevent them from missing application deadlines, because absentee ballots would be mailed automatically for every election.
- Geek stuff: Droid Turbo (6 replies)
- RIP Retired KSO Violinist and WUOT Program Director Norris Dyer (12 replies)
- Gene Patterson leaving WATE (26 replies)
- CCA et al fund private prison study (1 reply)
- Spend a day in a High School Student's shoes (4 replies)
- Throwback Thursday: October, 2009 (6 replies)
- Vote no on Amendment 1, skip vote for governor (or maybe not?) (75 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (86 replies)
- The Closing Days of 2014 Election (2 replies)
- Biting the hand for good cause (1 reply)
- PAC Money spent to fight Gloria Johnson (2 replies)
- Knoxville.com reviews Sassy Ann's (12 replies)
- Nov 2 2014 - 3:00pm (1 day 7 hours from now)
- Nov 4 2014 - 8:00pm (3 days 12 hours from now)