HB1010 by Rep. Mike Turner (D-Old Hickory) permits any registered Tennessee voter to vote absentee and requires the county election commission to establish a permanent absentee voting register.
This is a good change for seniors, people with disabilities, and others who may have difficulty getting to the polls. Currently, they must apply for an absentee ballot by mail for every election. A permanent absentee voting register would reduce paperwork and eliminate this inconvenience. It would also prevent them from missing application deadlines, because absentee ballots would be mailed automatically for every election.
- RIP Pat Summitt (18 replies)
- Volunteer sunflower (1 reply)
- Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions (7 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (41 replies)
- TIDAL wave? (5 replies)
- Alcoa Highway is growing (9 replies)
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (7 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (4 replies)
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (21 replies)
- The New American Death: Overdoses and Accidents (1 reply)
- Happy Pollinators Week! Please, take action (4 replies)
- The gun debate, face to face (65 replies)