HB1010 by Rep. Mike Turner (D-Old Hickory) permits any registered Tennessee voter to vote absentee and requires the county election commission to establish a permanent absentee voting register.
This is a good change for seniors, people with disabilities, and others who may have difficulty getting to the polls. Currently, they must apply for an absentee ballot by mail for every election. A permanent absentee voting register would reduce paperwork and eliminate this inconvenience. It would also prevent them from missing application deadlines, because absentee ballots would be mailed automatically for every election.
- Standing Rock Sioux pipeline protest (1 reply)
- Jill Stein attempts to raise $2 million by Friday 4:00 pm for recounts (32 replies)
- MLK Center Job Posting (1 reply)
- Feeling old (1 reply)
- Christmas things to see and do in Knoxville (2 replies)
- Kakistocracy/Kleptocracy era (5 replies)
- Trump's Cabinet (26 replies)
- Gatlinburg on fire! (25 replies)
- Hillary Clinton's Popular Vote Lead Now Over Two Million (2 replies)
- Obama leaving economy better than he found it (3 replies)
- Airport connectivity (2 replies)
- Consumer alert: Humana Obamacare plans (1 reply)