HB1010 by Rep. Mike Turner (D-Old Hickory) permits any registered Tennessee voter to vote absentee and requires the county election commission to establish a permanent absentee voting register.
This is a good change for seniors, people with disabilities, and others who may have difficulty getting to the polls. Currently, they must apply for an absentee ballot by mail for every election. A permanent absentee voting register would reduce paperwork and eliminate this inconvenience. It would also prevent them from missing application deadlines, because absentee ballots would be mailed automatically for every election.
- Why America won't do anything about gun violence (22 replies)
- Lost Mailbox Leads to Time Warp (1 reply)
- KKK in Nashville (5 replies)
- Co. Commission to ask God not to destroy Blount Co. because of the gays (1 reply)
- Employment increased by 142,000 in September (1 reply)
- Yet another privatization fail: Probation (6 replies)
- Troubled Tennessee prisons (5 replies)
- Arne Duncan to step down in December (2 replies)
- A New Low (9 replies)
- Bitter Victor Ashe (19 replies)
- Apollo photo archive (1 reply)
- Guilty pleasures: Janet Jackson's Unbreakable (2 replies)