HB1010 by Rep. Mike Turner (D-Old Hickory) permits any registered Tennessee voter to vote absentee and requires the county election commission to establish a permanent absentee voting register.
This is a good change for seniors, people with disabilities, and others who may have difficulty getting to the polls. Currently, they must apply for an absentee ballot by mail for every election. A permanent absentee voting register would reduce paperwork and eliminate this inconvenience. It would also prevent them from missing application deadlines, because absentee ballots would be mailed automatically for every election.
- Ditching your landline for a wireless home phone (5 replies)
- Steve Wildsmith: The hardest working man in journalism (6 replies)
- Democratic TV with Jessee Bundy (2 replies)
- Garth mania hits Knoxville (1 reply)
- Bernie is running (45 replies)
- Former Speaker Dennis Hastert Indicted (1 reply)
- Local alternative alternative paper filling in the Blank (27 replies)
- Christenberry House comes down (11 replies)
- Haslam's legacy (31 replies)
- Rikki's butterfly weed (7 replies)
- City unveils new website (20 replies)
- State rep hog farmer under EPA microscope (1 reply)