HB1010 by Rep. Mike Turner (D-Old Hickory) permits any registered Tennessee voter to vote absentee and requires the county election commission to establish a permanent absentee voting register.
This is a good change for seniors, people with disabilities, and others who may have difficulty getting to the polls. Currently, they must apply for an absentee ballot by mail for every election. A permanent absentee voting register would reduce paperwork and eliminate this inconvenience. It would also prevent them from missing application deadlines, because absentee ballots would be mailed automatically for every election.
- The Taylor Swift Justin Bieber Awards (3 replies)
- TBI accuses non-profit of lying, WSMV of shoddy journalism for repeating it (2 replies)
- Haslam goes off on the media (6 replies)
- Memphis Grizzlies - First time in the NBA Final Four (2 replies)
- Solar disruption (4 replies)
- A game to play on a rainy day (4 replies)
- We Did It Again (1 reply)
- Interruptions make us dumber? (3 replies)
- Food supply under assault as climate heats up (48 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (49 replies)
- @AckerMoxley (2 replies)
- Google just creeped me out (4 replies)