HB1010 by Rep. Mike Turner (D-Old Hickory) permits any registered Tennessee voter to vote absentee and requires the county election commission to establish a permanent absentee voting register.
This is a good change for seniors, people with disabilities, and others who may have difficulty getting to the polls. Currently, they must apply for an absentee ballot by mail for every election. A permanent absentee voting register would reduce paperwork and eliminate this inconvenience. It would also prevent them from missing application deadlines, because absentee ballots would be mailed automatically for every election.
- ISIS (91 replies)
- All the Companies Making Money From Healthcare.gov in One Chart (24 replies)
- Wanted to publicly thank someone (21 replies)
- Making up new law to circumvent elected control of schools? (31 replies)
- Bill Ailor sued in Circuit Court (7 replies)
- Remedial civics needed in J-school? (7 replies)
- ETSPJ denounces McIntyre - BOE "agreement" (5 replies)
- GOP governors expanding Medicaid (2 replies)
- Surprise, surprise! (44 replies)
- McIntyre: Pregnancy is a "physical disability?" (65 replies)
- Does this make you feel safer? (3 replies)
- He lost me at "one-time cost" (18 replies)