HB1010 by Rep. Mike Turner (D-Old Hickory) permits any registered Tennessee voter to vote absentee and requires the county election commission to establish a permanent absentee voting register.
This is a good change for seniors, people with disabilities, and others who may have difficulty getting to the polls. Currently, they must apply for an absentee ballot by mail for every election. A permanent absentee voting register would reduce paperwork and eliminate this inconvenience. It would also prevent them from missing application deadlines, because absentee ballots would be mailed automatically for every election.
- City Council candidate forum (2 replies)
- EPA fines Rep. Andy Hold for illegal hog waste dumping (2 replies)
- Redesign of Public Space at Riverwalk (22 replies)
- Praise the Lord and pass the legislation! (30 replies)
- Plans for Midway Business Park revived (5 replies)
- Court: City Council must vote on Pryor Brown surface parking lot (13 replies)
- U.S. tax cuts don't pay for themselves -Republican-appointed official says (3 replies)
- Immigration and Entitlements = Trump Traction (3 replies)
- Haslam to outsource operation of U.T. and other university facilities (58 replies)
- The cutest thing you will see all day (7 replies)
- Halls Shopper update (8 replies)
- State's unclaimed property website streamlined (3 replies)