HB1010 by Rep. Mike Turner (D-Old Hickory) permits any registered Tennessee voter to vote absentee and requires the county election commission to establish a permanent absentee voting register.
This is a good change for seniors, people with disabilities, and others who may have difficulty getting to the polls. Currently, they must apply for an absentee ballot by mail for every election. A permanent absentee voting register would reduce paperwork and eliminate this inconvenience. It would also prevent them from missing application deadlines, because absentee ballots would be mailed automatically for every election.
- State fee to ride your bicycle on the South Loop Urban Wilderness Trail? (4 replies)
- 2015 Shootings in Knox County, TN (6 replies)
- A couple of looks at sexual assault (5 replies)
- Samantha Manning no longer with WATE (5 replies)
- Insure Tennessee debate heats up, outside money flowing in (9 replies)
- Ice oddity (8 replies)
- Income disparity in Tennessee (10 replies)
- Headline fail (8 replies)
- Answers at Saturday's annual SPJ legislative session (8 replies)
- Mayor Rogero responds to News Sentinel allegation of sunshine violation (17 replies)
- If "The Smart Bush" Runs (1 reply)
- Iindependent Lens file: A Path Appears (2 replies)