Katherine Harris says God elects candidates, not voters:
Harris told the journalists "we have to have the faithful in government" because that is God's will. Separating religion and politics is "so wrong because God is the one who chooses our rulers," she said.
Which is funny, because her campaign for the U.S. Senate doesn't have a prayer.
"If you are not electing Christians, tried and true, under public scrutiny and pressure, if you're not electing Christians, then in essence your are going to legislate sin," Harris said in answer to a question about why Florida Baptists should care about this primary election.
So it's not just any God that appoints political leaders. It's the Christian god. So how did Joe Lieberman slip by all these years?
Rep. Katherine Harris (R-Fla.) said this week that God did not intend for the United States to be a "nation of secular laws" and that the separation of church and state is a "lie we have been told" to keep religious people out of politics.
Just when you thought she couldn't go any further off into the deep end, she manages to plumb new depths of crazy. Nothing like a little free publicity for your campaign, though.
(Original report and full story with reaction at the Orlando Sentinel, registration required.)
- DNC Convention thread - Wednesday edition (14 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Tuesday edition (37 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Thursday edition (5 replies)
- Trump calls on Russia to conduct espionage aganst the United States (8 replies)
- Cumberland Avenue is a mess (15 replies)
- 2016 Shootings in Knox County, TN (50 replies)
- It's official... (5 replies)
- Musicians who don't like Trump and don't appreciate him using their music (6 replies)
- DNC Convention thread - Monday edition (25 replies)
- After 87 years, Pease Furniture closing (2 replies)
- Knoxville SOUP Proposals Announced (1 reply)
- Sanders addresses supporters in Philadelphia (5 replies)