Katherine Harris says God elects candidates, not voters:
Harris told the journalists "we have to have the faithful in government" because that is God's will. Separating religion and politics is "so wrong because God is the one who chooses our rulers," she said.
Which is funny, because her campaign for the U.S. Senate doesn't have a prayer.
"If you are not electing Christians, tried and true, under public scrutiny and pressure, if you're not electing Christians, then in essence your are going to legislate sin," Harris said in answer to a question about why Florida Baptists should care about this primary election.
So it's not just any God that appoints political leaders. It's the Christian god. So how did Joe Lieberman slip by all these years?
Rep. Katherine Harris (R-Fla.) said this week that God did not intend for the United States to be a "nation of secular laws" and that the separation of church and state is a "lie we have been told" to keep religious people out of politics.
Just when you thought she couldn't go any further off into the deep end, she manages to plumb new depths of crazy. Nothing like a little free publicity for your campaign, though.
(Original report and full story with reaction at the Orlando Sentinel, registration required.)
- Emerald Academy principal named (9 replies)
- ORNL was fixin' to learn y'all how to talk better (18 replies)
- Open letter to spammers (10 replies)
- TN House 18: Martin Daniel responds to Rep. Steve Hall attack (3 replies)
- Haslam kicks off campaign at Knoxville News Sentinel headquarters (6 replies)
- Adams and Ball spar at Bolivar candidate forum (13 replies)
- Truthful comparison of Democratic contributions is not Negative (11 replies)
- Ball fails to file timely campaign finance disclosure (7 replies)
- Heartless Haslam's ridiculous letter to Obama embarrasses Tennessee (1 reply)
- Report: School board member/candidate Gloria Deathridge health issues (27 replies)
- Auto parts manufacturer adding 1,000 jobs in Clinton (8 replies)
- Gloria Johnson hosting JOBS4TN HD13 Job Fair (1 reply)