Sen. Randy McNally (R-Oak Ridge) has introduced SB0705 which "prohibits pain management clinics from dispensing controlled substances." The House bill is HB0868 sponsored by Rep. Cameron Sexton (R-Crossville).
It appears this legislation would effectively shut down "pill mills" and require prescription pain medications to be obtained through pharmacies or other authorized dispensaries.
- UK votes to leave EU, PM Cameron resigns (16 replies)
- You can tell it's summer (19 replies)
- The gun debate, face to face (65 replies)
- Inside a Corrections Corporation of America for-profit prison (2 replies)
- Ralph Stanley RIP (2 replies)
- Up against the wall: Sanders supporters disrupt Nevada convention, issue death threats (62 replies)
- Knox area financial counseling resources for the poor? (8 replies)
- Democrats staging sit-in on House floor (42 replies)
- Happy Pollinators Week! Please, take action (3 replies)
- "Make America White Again" (4 replies)
- DOJ: 301 defendants charged in $900 million Medicare/Medicaid fraud bust (2 replies)
- City Council workshop on payday lending zoning ordinance (1 reply)