Photo: National Park Service
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports that the U.S. 441/Newfound Gap Road repairs will cost $3 to $7 million and be completed by June, according to officials.
I'm not a civil engineer and don't know anything about road building, but this looks like a major project. How much you want to bet it won't be finished by June?
According to the article, NPS and Federal Highway officials plan to fill in the slide with rocks and rebuild over it. I thought they would need a bridge or something. And wouldn't a bridge be cheaper than hauling in 9,000 truckloads of fill? But that's why I'm not a civil engineer.
- Robert Reich to speak in Knoxville (2 replies)
- South Waterfront update: A lot happening (12 replies)
- A future for I-40? (18 replies)
- Planets align on Siler v. Briggs debate (2 replies)
- Obamacare's not perfect (duh!) (1 reply)
- Watch this and get inspired (2 replies)
- Bar Marley (5 replies)
- The Artful Dodger: Dr. Briggs "radio silence" on Cheri Siler's invitation to debate (39 replies)
- BREAKING: Herron will not seek second term as TNDP chair (11 replies)
- Burchett: McIntyre needs to go (53 replies)
- A Trip in the Country (3 replies)
- Asperger Support Group Tonight 6pm-7pm with Special Guests (14 replies)
- Sep 22 2014 - 4:15pm (6 hours 6 min ago)
- Sep 23 2014 - 6:15pm (19 hours 53 min from now)
- Sep 23 2014 - 7:00pm (20 hours 38 min from now)
- Sep 25 2014 - 6:00pm (2 days 19 hours from now)
- Oct 5 2014 - 2:00pm (1 week 5 days from now)