Photo: National Park Service
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports that the U.S. 441/Newfound Gap Road repairs will cost $3 to $7 million and be completed by June, according to officials.
I'm not a civil engineer and don't know anything about road building, but this looks like a major project. How much you want to bet it won't be finished by June?
According to the article, NPS and Federal Highway officials plan to fill in the slide with rocks and rebuild over it. I thought they would need a bridge or something. And wouldn't a bridge be cheaper than hauling in 9,000 truckloads of fill? But that's why I'm not a civil engineer.
- Famous people you have met (71 replies)
- WATE: Three more Pilot Flying J employees plead guilty (6 replies)
- County Commissioner Brad Anders disciplined in police brutality case (155 replies)
- With us or against us (4 replies)
- Knoxville Retailers, Gone but not Forgotten (257 replies)
- 2013 Shootings in Knox County, TN (59 replies)
- World's Fair Park development? (14 replies)
- How bad is the job market in Tennessee? (5 replies)
- Wheels coming off Meals on Wheels (3 replies)
- Pandora et al (2 replies)
- Pilot indictment watch (93 replies)
- Heart & Soul at Knoxville Center Mall (4 replies)
- Jun 18 2013 - 6:00pm (1 hour 25 min ago)
- Jun 20 2013 - 5:00pm (1 day 21 hours from now)
- Jun 22 2013 - 10:00am (3 days 14 hours from now)